“First time cruiser”

PrincessWarrior
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
The ship was impressive. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I encountered two problems but they will not prevent me from cruising again.

Both problems happened on day one. The first problem was found under my bed.

My roomie checked under the beds and there was a bag and a pack of cigarettes under mine! I immediately called housekeeping and the steward appeared very quickly. We were also visited by the supervisor who assured us that the room would receive a thorough cleaning again. (I believe the person in charge of sweeping did not run the sweeper under my bed)

Our assigned dinner time was 6:00p.m. The waitstaff was friendly and professional our head waiter, very attentive. However there was an "issue" in the kitchen and dinner service was painfully slow. Once dinner arrived I was not disappointed with the food. Throughout the cruise I tried new dishes and foods at dinner that I would not normally eat. The aged beef was the only meal I did not care for. I may have ordered too "done".

The service for the remainder of the cruise was perfect. I am a bit of an event planner on my job. I understand "stuff" happens. I judge how one overcomes "stuff" so it doesn't happen again. Our steward kept our room spotless and dinner service improved tremendously.

I rate this cruise a solid 4. I can't give it a 5 or 5+ because this is my first cruise. I do plan to cruise again and will compare the next one with this one. I will admit I can see myself becoming a cruise fan.

For this cruise I decided to be a morning person. This was tip I received from reading reviews from the expert cruisers on this website. I used the gym and walked the track during the sunrise. Great sight and I managed to not gain any weight! The gym was well equipped. It tends to become crowed as the day progresses. If you can get up early and go. You can always take a nap later!

My roommate and I opted for the massage special on the day we docked. This was another tip I used from this site! When we decided what we wanted to do, 8:00am was the only appointment that fit our schedule. (Bonus for being early morning people) The special included a glass of champagne. We had to ask for our glass. They were a little surprised that we wanted champagne at 9:00am, but hey we are on vacation and according to our internal clock, it was noon.

There we were, 9:00am sitting on a very empty deck, overlooking the island and toasting our day. The majority of folks were already off the boat for excursions or eating. I should mention toward the end of the massage you could hear the staff setting up the deck chairs. It sounded like the circus was in town and I was experiencing march of the elephants.

Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Service
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Oceanview Stateroom

The original itinerary said Falmouth but were were diverted to Montego Bay.We opted to go to Ocho Rios and climb the waterfall. It was fun. Our tour group was late getting started I had to sacrifice shopping. We did not use the ship tours. Our travel agent was part of our group and we used a private tour group she recommended. Ouch! Did not get my Jamaican coffee! I am bummed but it was my fault. Did not manage my time. I did not expect the waterfall climb to be so crowded and it moved much slower then expected. We did have fun our waterfall guides were great. However I am a shopper at heart.

Published 02/06/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Navigator of the Seas Review
Navigator of the Seas Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?