“Birthday Cruise”

thegrans
Member Since 2009
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
We sailed on my birthday 1/31/11. This was our 4th time on Celebration.

Upon our arrival at the pier in West Palm, we were informed that due to the availability onboard, there was a special pice for upgrading to a suite. Since it was a special day we decided (along with our friends who were along for their first time onboard) to upgrade to a suite. It was a great deal! Our suite #7210 was wonderful, it was the biggest cabin we've had on any cruise (and we've taken over 30).

I was pleasantly surprised to find that Mark Shane Phillips was onboard, he is a great entertainer. We had seen him on a previous cruise I knew that Steve Zimmerman would be onboard from e-mailing him. We were disappointed to find that Captain Peter has gone back to another ship. He was so very personable.

As usual, the crew were extremely attentive, the food was excellent, the entertainment great. My husband was a semi-finalist in the Caribbean Idol Karaoke contest.

Wish the shipping company had not decided to change from Nassau to Freeport just yet. The port doesn't have much to do unless you book a tour. There is nothing except a lot of little touristy clothing shops and a Harley Davidson store and a bar. At least in Nassau there are lots of places you can walk to. We opted not to get off the ship in Freeport, instead relaxed on deck with a good book and listened to my husband play his guitar.

A good time was had by all! You can be sure we will be onboard again in the very near future.

• Sail Date: January 2011
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

27210
Suite was excellent. Biggest and most comfortable we've ever had on any cruise.
Published 02/04/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Bahamas Celebration Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?