Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by pinkgirl10: Wonderful Cruise!

pinkgirl10
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Cruise!

Sail Date: May 2010

This was my first cruise, and my husbands second cruise, but first with Royal Caribbean.

Flight and Hotel Info - We flew into Ft. Lauderdale (because it was cheaper) and then took a sedan service to Miami. We stayed at the Holiday Inn Downtown in Miami and took the very short cab ride to the port. Would recommend this hotel - it was very nice and right across the street from a shopping center and the water where many boat tours are available. There is also a CVS Pharmacy right down the street which is very convenient.

Ship Info - We absolutely LOVED the Liberty of the Seas. I was amazed at how nice it was when we first walked onto the ship. Everything was very up to date and in good condition. There were a lot of people on this cruise, but it never felt crowded.

Activities - On sea days, we spent most of our time around the pool or out on the deck relaxing. We enjoyed the activities planned on the pool deck during the day - line dancing, belly flop contest, More water volleyball, etc. Didn't participate, but enjoyed watching others. We also enjoyed watching people try out the FlowRider. We also enjoyed being able to walk around the decks at all times of the day. In the evenings we enjoyed going to the shows. The entertainment was great on the ship. They had very talented performers. We especially enjoyed the ice show - I would highly recommend going to see this if you can! We spent most of our evenings at the Schooner Bar. They had a piano bar which was very entertaining. The piano player was fun and others would get involved by singing and dancing. It was a great time.

Service and Dining - We ordered breakfast to our room every morning. The service was great and was always delivered at the requested time. Overall the food was great! We wished the buffet had varied more throughout the week, but overall was good. We absolutely loved the dinners! Our waiter and assistant waiter were so friendly and their service was wonderful. The food was delicious. I have no complaints here - dinner was one of the highlights of our trip. The service was just fantastic. I felt like royalty! Our stateroom attendant was great - learned out names very quickly, would open our door for us if he saw us coming, and just helped to make our stay special!

Port & Shore Excursions - Our first stop was St. Maarten/St. Martin. We took a tour, but not with the cruise line. This tour was much cheaper and was very good. Can't remember the name, but many on cruisecritic recommended him. Orient Beach was absolutely beautiful! I definitely recommend going there. The second stop was San Juan. We roamed around Old San Juan, did some shopping, etc. There are great outlet stores there - Coach, Ralph Lauren, etc., as well as jewelry and other gift stores. We also visited the old fort which was also very interesting and fun! Last stop was Labadee. We went snorkeling, it was very fun, but make sure you put lots of sunscreen on! We spent the rest of the day on the beach, but the beach was kind of rocky and hurt to walk into the water barefoot. I was recommend wearing water shoes to make the experience more enjoyable. Otherwise, the island is beautiful.

In summary, this was a GREAT cruise. We were so impressed with everything and have no complaints! I would definitely recommend this ship and this cruise itinerary to anyone! :) Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>