“Perfect First Cruise”

barrbr
Member Since 2010
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This was my wife and I's first ever cruise. All in all it was great!

Ship:

I thought the ship was in great shape. I never saw any signs of wear and tear that I had read about in other reviews.

Stateroom:

We had an interior stateroom. Everything was in working order and the stateroom was kept in very clean conditions. I did think the mattress was a little firm but fine. We had plenty of storage space.

Food:

The main dining room food was excellent. Never had a bad meal. The buffet food on the other hand left plenty to be desired. The buffet was fine for breakfast but lunch and dinner was sub par even for buffet food. The pizza was good as well as the deli. The ice cream from the machines was awful! It was just like watery milk.

Service:

The service was excellent all around! There was not one thing even sort of negative that I can say about the service.

Entertainment:

We did not attend either of the big "broadway style" shows that they did so I can't comment. We went to see the comedians instead. Both comedians were great. We saw both their clean and adult shows and thought they were good. We did some of the other little things and enjoyed it.

Overall Ratings
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior

Port
We did not do any excursions in port. We just did a little shopping and then hung out at Margaritaville. Margaritaville was very nice with a pool and beach. The water was rather cold when we were there (both pool and beach) on January 26, 2011.

Read 1,364 Grand Turk Reviews
Port
We did the Discover Atlantis excursion. We like the excursion a lot. Our guide was really good. She was super nice, informative, and funny. This excursion took you on a guided tour of "The Dig" and other aquariums at the Atlantis Resort.

Now for those who have not been to Nassau be aware that when you walk out of the cruise terminal you will be approached by folks to get your business pretty aggressively. Now once we got across the street and went into some of the shops those folks were far less aggressive, very nice, and very helpful.

Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
Published 02/01/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Destiny Review
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?