Carnival Destiny Cruise Review by barrbr

Carnival Destiny
Member Name: barrbr
Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: 4C
See More About: Carnival Destiny Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Perfect First Cruise
This was my wife and I's first ever cruise. All in all it was great!

Ship:

I thought the ship was in great shape. I never saw any signs of wear and tear that I had read about in other reviews.

Stateroom:

We had an interior stateroom. Everything was in working order and the stateroom was kept in very clean conditions. I did think the mattress was a little firm but fine. We had plenty of storage space.

Food:

The main dining room food was excellent. Never had a bad meal. The buffet food on the other hand left plenty to be desired. The buffet was fine for breakfast but lunch and dinner was sub par even for buffet food. The pizza was good as well as the deli. The ice cream from the machines was awful! It was just like watery milk.

Service:

The service was excellent all around! There was not one thing even sort of negative that I can say about the service.

Entertainment:

We did not attend either of the big "broadway style" shows that they did so I can't comment. We went to see the comedians instead. Both comedians were great. We saw both their clean and adult shows and thought they were good. We did some of the other little things and enjoyed it.

Publication Date: 02/01/11