Just got back from a 3 nite cruise on the monarch of the seas! Had a great time! The number one thing that made this cruise exceptional was the service. Our room attendant and head waiter were the best. They made the experience enjoyable by their personal service and commitment to making the experience the best it could be.
Top 5 aspects of cruise:
2. Coco Cay port of call- an amazing beach day! I could stay here the whole time. Lunch was great as well here.
3. Casino- while small, came home with all the money I went with. And we gambled for hours every night.
4. Midnite buffet part- very entertaining.
5. Sorrentos pizza, for that late nite snack always fresh!
Top 5 disappointments
1. Food was hit or miss, not awful, just ok. Actually preferred windjammer buffet selections to main dining room. But went to main dining room for service that was entertaining.
2. Nassau port of call- the locals are very demanding for cabs, and other services. Did not book an execursion, just walked around for a few hours then went back to ship.
3. Small room/ tiny bathroom- but that is too be expected from an older ship.
4. Long security line to get through when embarking. But after that, the actual check-in was quick.
5. Expensive bingo.
Overall, it was a great time. This was my second time on this cruise and it met my expectations again. Though the ship is older, it is easy to navigate and never really feels crowded when it was fully booked. It could use some upgrades. But for the price we paid (an awesome FLA resident deal) I would definitely go again. Booked a cruise on the Oasis of the Seas in Oct. Can't wait to see a new much bigger ship!