Norwegian Epic 4

“Great Ship with Great Service! 4.5 *”
Cruise review of Norwegian Epic

KorkyG
Member Since 2011
1 Forum Post

Overall Member Rating

I will start by saying that we prefer the Freestyle Concept and find great value in the freedom it allows. The ship and staff were in one word outstanding! I would be reluctant to give the vacation 5 stars, because that is the measure of perfection, but it certainly was close in our opinion.

I won't go in to extreme detail, but wanted to offer our opinion on what we liked and what could be improved on.

What we liked:

The Room: Yes I said the room! I liked the bathroom setup, with the exception of the small sink. It allowed our family to get ready at the same time because of the seperation of the vanity, shower, and toilet. The storage was incredible. We had a ton of stuff and couldn't fill it.

Dining: As always, the dining was top notch. We didn't eat in the main dining rooms, but we felt all of the extra charge restaurants were a value. The food quality and service were spot on. The buffet was acceptable, but didn't seem to be on the same level as More the Jade, Jewel, and Star.

Cirque Dinner: We had low expectations after reading some reviews, but this show was great! I don't understand how someone can watch the same show as I did and not be impressed. There was great feats of strength and cool acrobatics in a moving ship. We loved this show more than any other on board.

Staff: The staff was second to none. Almost to the person the service we encountered was outstanding.

Spa and Gym: The best I've seen!

Not so Hot:

Elevators: Did seem to take an unusually long time. We constantly had to use them because of the stroller we had, but a lot of people seemed to refuse to walk the stairs which could have been the problem.

Walking track: No view and bombarded with the odors from the ventaltion system. Less

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Overall Ratings

Sail Date: January 2011
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money

Cabin review: Family Mini-Suite with Balcony

M214044
Great location for getting in and out of the kids club. It is adjacent to the kids club and elevators.

Published 02/01/11

Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review

Norwegian Epic Cruises to the Western Caribbean

Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?