Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Seaurchin385: Carnival Dream not so dreamy
Overall Member Rating
Carnival Dream not so dreamy
Destination: Western Caribbean
Embarkation: Port Canaveral (Orlando)
1) Boarding and unloading process was perfect
2) The shows and activities were great.
3) The crew was friendly but very busy.
4) The ship rides quiet and beautiful. She was smooth in 7 to 10 foot seas.
5) The room was huge (6M category) and the extra bathtub was a big help getting ready for dinner.
6) Do not use ship excursions. Dennis Perez in Belize (Explore Belize Caves)is the best excursion for price and experience. No cattle buses here!!!!!!
Use Juan Carlos in Roatan (Islandertours.com) for all Roatan excursions.
1) Had unauthorized employee enter our room when wife was in bathtub. Official written complaint was submitted. Security investigated and employee was disciplined removing him from guest areas for the cruise.
2) Movie, Alvin and the Chipmunks, Chip Wrecked, was being filmed constantly crowding various leisure areas of ship and docking area. Pools were restricted More from use during filming with both pool areas being restricted simultaneously. Not as much fun as you might think when you are on vacation with this ship being crowded in the first place.
3) Food service was terrible for early dining, Table 463. Service was worse farther from the kitchen. Food was cold. No waiter on 1st night. Additional service help was needed during the entire cruise. Waiter and staff had no time to be sociable and the overall service suffered with drinks never refilled or wine poured. Did not get wine till main course started because they were very busy. Waitress was chastized for talking with us during dinner service.
4) 3 out 4 melting cakes I ordered were just batter. Everyone disregarded complaint including waiter and assistant Maitre D. It just appeared food and beverage service was lacking due to staffing and poor teamwork skills.
5) Costa Maya was over crowded because the Valor and Legend were diverted from Belize to Cost Maya on the same day we docked. Two mega ships and 1 moderate size were to much for this port tourism and guest comfort. Not so much fun being surrounded by waves of people after being on a crowded ship and a full blown movie set.
6) Picture takers and sets were everywhere on Deck 5 crowding and blocking passage ways every single night. This was ridiculous. I paid for a cruise, not a massive photo set. This combined with the movie set made this cruise very disappointing. Carnival needs to recognize that consistently taking up ship space and gangways for photographers is tacky, unprofessional and downright irritating. The photography experience has become overwelming.
7) Lines for Lanai Bar-B-Que extended from midships to just before the stern with cold hamburgers and hotdogs. 45 minute wait for cold food is unacceptable.
8) I must say again that the food, food service, wait lines, wait staff was simply terrible. Even the Maitre D never stopped by our table. Out waiter worked hard but could never catch up considering he was serving 4 tables with 20 people. Even the other waiters never assisted anyone but their own guests. We cruise for the food and relaxation. Unfortunately we got neither.
9) The smell was there on the Riviera Deck and it was midships.
We recommend avoiding Carnival Cruise Lines until they start responding to guest complaints and concerns. They appear to think they are exceeding guest expectations but they are not. Avoid them until they start feeling it in the pocket. There actions towards Belize is proof they are strong arming guests and countries and have idea of how their actions impact on guest relations Less
Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>
Nice but Disappointing
Not Our Dream Honeymoon
First Time on RCI; A Trip to R...
Lackluster Ship; Spectacular E...
Fun First Cruise
You might want to try a differ...
Carnival [not quite a] Dream