“True Honest Review”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
I have read many of the posts warning people about the Carnival Pride. Most if not all are written by Veteran Cruisers. To start out this is a budget vacation. The Pride is an older vessel that needs some TLC. Areas such as a few missing plaques, a missing backboard for the basket ball hoops and signs of rust stains probably should be taken care of but overall this ship is what it is a budget vacation boat. Food is good, not entirely inspiring but good. The help is good Not Great but good. I could do without the decor as my son was constantly saying "thats inappropriate" but again knowing what you are purchasing goes a long way in meeting expectations. The shows were good not the best I have seen, there were two actors who had exceptional voices making them worth the while. Camp Carnival was not as good as I had hoped. I have a nine year old and in the past all he wanted to do was go to camp carnival now he seemed a little bored with the idea. If you like shore excursions do not go on this cruise. There is a lot of time at sea and not much for excurrsions. Cocoa Beach was best. We had all day and there is lots to do. Nausua is limited but Atlantis was nice. As far as Atlantis goes DO NOT promise the kids to go there and the water park. We made the promise and it is expensive. My son had a blast but too much money. Freeport is a waste of time. You are there for a very short time and not much to do other than shop.

In conclusion if you have an expectation that this cruise is going to be as nice as a cruise for twice the money then go and spend your money elsewhere. If you want to get away for a relaxing seven days for about $500 apiece (our cruise was $1,520 which included two adults and one child with a balcony) then this is a good bang for your buck.

Note: Alcohol, If you want to have a drink before dinner or as a nightcap I suggest calling the Bon Voyage department at Carnival. While it is not officially listed you can buy a liter bottle of good booze for about $40.

Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Balcony

8B8128
Beds need to be replaced pretty soon. When you get to your room you can see where your body will be resting for the night

Port
Atlantis is a good visit but the overall the Island is pretty boring

Read 4,127 Nassau Reviews
This is a good stop because you are here all day. DO NOT book on the ship. In advance reserve a car are avis or one of the others. This will save you lots. We went to Kennedy Space Center. Tickets were 41 per adult and 38 for my son. Rental Car was $60. You have flexibility and it will set you back about half of what the excursion cost is.

Published 02/01/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Pride Review
Carnival Pride Cruises to the Bahamas
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?