Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by mablinki: Norwegian Epic - 1/8/11 - 1/15/11 Review

mablinki
Member Since 2001

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Western Caribbean Cruises

Norwegian Epic - 1/8/11 - 1/15/11 Review

Sail Date: January 2011

I am a 55+ female who has been on a number of NCL cruises. My review will consist of only the items that I was able to partake, i.e., entertainment. I thought Blue Man Group and Legends were phenomenal. If you enjoy entertainment then you should sail ono this Ship. Never got to see Howl At the Moon and heard they were great!

Food - Saw the Restaurant Manager everyday (he's from Austria) and very impressively pleasant! Food at the breakfast buffet same old, but there is a variety just the same every day. Never had a bad meal in the dining rooms, either Manhattan or Taste. Ate at O'Sheehan's a couple of times. You have to try the brownie sundae and the chicken pot pie.

Did not go to any of the specialty restaurants or use room service so I cannot comment.

Embarkation was a breeze but disambarkation took a little longer.

Did not much care for the room set up. I felt like I was always tripping over my room mate. However, my room steward Zenaida was More fantastic. Such a dear sweet woman who would do anything for you.

To sum up my 7 day stay with Epic, I would have to say that this was one of the most friendliest ships I have ever been on. Keep in mind that this was also the week after Undercover Boss aired and maybe that has something to do with it.

Although the price may be a little more expensive than some of the other NCL ships, it is worth it for the entertainment alone. Enjoy! Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Epic Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Epic Balcony Stateroom Deck 9 8201

Great innovative storage space. Nice small balcony, adequate for 2 chairs and small table and not too crazy about the toilet, shower and sink separage from each other. At times, I felt like I was always stepping over my roommate in the room. Loved the coffee maker and the flat screen tv even if they did not offer many show options.