Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Jantyk: Another great cruise!

Jantyk
Member Since 2005

Compare Prices on Carnival Triumph Western Caribbean Cruises

Another great cruise!

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: New Orleans

This was my fourth cruise, second with Carnival. This was also the shortest cruise I have been on. It was wonderful as always. Actually much better that the last one...on Celebrity.

We arrived at the docks about 10:30AM and were boarded by 11:30AM.

Marksom our waiter was funny and wonderful. Our room steward we almost never saw but everything was perfect. Carlos in the casino was delightful.

Things that were not so good.... The food was the worst I have had on a cruise. We ate at the dining room every night and kept thing it would get better. It did not. But the entertainment was great. The buffet was very limited and also not good. The hamburger station was never open when I was looking for food. Might have been just my timing. Sometimes all I could find to eat was pizza. It was pretty good.

My biggest complaint was the photographers. I have never seen so many. Sometimes you could not get to the dining room because of them blocking the way. They More would grab you and insist. They didn't like to take no for an answer. There were dozens of them!

But I had a wonderful time and will definitely cruise with Carnival again. Less

Read more Carnival Triumph cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Triumph Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Triumph Balcony Upper 6270

Balcony 6270 Could not have been better. I loved it. Balcony had enough room for three although one had to stand. We never heard a noise. This was my first balcony and I was not disappointed in any way.

Cozumel was just fine. We shopped. Again we watched the people running down the pier to catch the ship docked next to us and some of them did not make it. The next day in the gift shop we met a couple who had missed the Carnival Glory. I always wondered if another ship would pick up someone who missed theirs. It was nice, but not my favorite port.

Read 3117 Cozumel Reviews

I know a lot of people do not like Progreso. I found it delightful. The hawkers were no worse than other ports. Some much nicer. We booked an excursion with AutoProgreso to the Mayan ruins for $29.00 and were very pleased. One lady at the market was not yelling to buy from her and that is the one I chose to do business with. When I paid her she bowed her head and kissed the money. I felt bad for her. It must have meant a lot. The Carnival Ecstasy was in port with us and we stood on out balcony and watched people running to catch the ship. Why do they wait for the last minute?

Read 284 Progreso Reviews