Carnival Victory Cruise Review by ricew001: Carnival Victory Jan 2011 - It rocked! (In a good way!)

ricew001
Member Since 2010

Compare Prices on Carnival Victory Southern Caribbean Cruises

Carnival Victory Jan 2011 - It rocked! (In a good way!)

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

We were extremely pleased with our Carnival Victory cruise. I have written an extremely detailed review on Cruise Critic on the Carnival board. Here I will be more concise.

My husband and I took this cruise to go to St Kitts to ride the Scenic Railway. We were originally going to go on Princess since that's the cruise line we did together before and enjoyed. We chose Carnival Victory because it had no sea days. But after we booked, they dropped Dominica and in the end, we greatly enjoyed our sea day! I think we walked away preferring Carnival to Princess.

All the staff on the ship were friendly and helpful. Rodel and Nadia were our wait staff and were fabulous! We greatly enjoyed the "anytime dining" because our days varied and we ate at varying times, anywhere from when the dining room opened to as late as 8:30.

Jason our room steward was fabulous. Our room was very cleaned. And I am clean fanatic.

The ports had so many choices and we thoroughly More enjoyed each of them. The only part of the cruise that didn't meet my expectations was the food. It just wasn't as spectacular as you usually expect on a cruise. But whenever something didn't meet my liking, it was no trouble to get something else. We definitely never went hungry!

Karl with a K made the cruise fun; almost all of the entertainment was excellent. The shows were good, the piano bar was fun and so was the karaoke. We had full days and full nights trying to take it all in.

The drinks were good. The adults only Serenity Deck was a peaceful retreat.

I definitely highly recommend this cruise and can't wait to do it again! Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Oceanview Main 2339

Our room was incredibly spacious. The bathroom had plenty of cabinet and counter space. I appreciated the full length mirror in the closet door. The wrap around counter was "cruise central" and enabled us to find everything we needed. We were heavy packers and had plenty of space. Our bed was comfortable. We had an oceanview and often could watch as the first cruisers embarked. I liked the natural light and seeing our ports as we arrived. The laundry was close by so that was helpful. The only real noise were the vacuum cleaners and the painters touching up the ship on the Saturday morning.