Carnival Victory Cruise Review by ricew001

Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 6B
Value-for-Money 5+

Carnival Victory Jan 2011 - It rocked! (In a good way!)
We were extremely pleased with our Carnival Victory cruise. I have written an extremely detailed review on Cruise Critic on the Carnival board. Here I will be more concise.

My husband and I took this cruise to go to St Kitts to ride the Scenic Railway. We were originally going to go on Princess since that's the cruise line we did together before and enjoyed. We chose Carnival Victory because it had no sea days. But after we booked, they dropped Dominica and in the end, we greatly enjoyed our sea day! I think we walked away preferring Carnival to Princess.

All the staff on the ship were friendly and helpful. Rodel and Nadia were our wait staff and were fabulous! We greatly enjoyed the "anytime dining" because our days varied and we ate at varying times, anywhere from when the dining room opened to as late as 8:30.

Jason our room steward was fabulous. Our room was very cleaned. And I am clean fanatic.

The ports had so many choices and we thoroughly enjoyed each of them. The only part of the cruise that didn't meet my expectations was the food. It just wasn't as spectacular as you usually expect on a cruise. But whenever something didn't meet my liking, it was no trouble to get something else. We definitely never went hungry!

Karl with a K made the cruise fun; almost all of the entertainment was excellent. The shows were good, the piano bar was fun and so was the karaoke. We had full days and full nights trying to take it all in.

The drinks were good. The adults only Serenity Deck was a peaceful retreat.

I definitely highly recommend this cruise and can't wait to do it again!

Publication Date: 01/31/11