Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by wicked_fan

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Celebrity Millennium Cruise Review by wicked_fan
Celebrity Millennium
Celebrity Millennium
Member Name: wicked_fan
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: 09
See More About: Celebrity Millennium Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Celebrity Cruise Deals
Dining 5+

Vacation of a lifetime!
My sister and I traveled on this vacation together. It our first time on Celebrity. I was a bit leery going with Celebrity since it has a reputation of being the cruise line for older individuals and my sister is in her mid twenties and I am in my early thirties.

The check in process was very smooth. We arrived at the port around noon and there was not much of a wait at all. The only thing I would say about it is the individual who checked us in was not very pleasant. I was afraid it was a sign of things to come but I couldn't have been more wrong.

From the moment we boarded the Millennium, we were pleasantly surprised. The dEcor of the ship, which I had read many negative things about, was nice. We spent some time at the pool before they announced we could go to our rooms. We had an inside room which was very nice. Plenty of room for two girls. My only complaint was there was no real place to store our suitcases for the week.

We had been scheduled for early seating and once we boarded the ship decided to change to select dining. The first night we were seated with two older couples. We enjoyed their company very much. The challenging part was my sister is a vegetarian and her options on the menu were very limited. We found our dining experience just average. The food was just ok and the service was marginal.

Our second night on the ship was formal night. Since we didn't have the best experience the night before, we decided to skip the dining room and have the buffet for dinner. Once again, plenty of choices but the food was just ok.

Our third night we decided to try the dining room again. We were blessed to be seated with a FANTASTIC waiter and assistant waiter. If you are doing select dining, you MUST request John and Luciano. I can not say enough about our experience with John, Luciano and Nicolus (the charming assistant matradee) starting that night and continuing the entire duration of the cruise. From the first moment we met John, he knew our names, and who was who! John went above and beyond night after night to make sure we were happy with our dinner. He offered my sister numerous vegetarian options each night and encouraged her to try new things.

We only attended one show on the ship and found it average. We also attended a movie in the cinema. It was crowded and very uncomfortable. The chairs were close together and straight up. If someone would have told us the movie plays the next day on the TV, we would have skipped the "cinema" experience.

All in all, cruising with Celebrity was incredible and by far our favorite cruise experience to date. We truly felt like "celebrities" everyday. We debated staying on and making it a back to back experience, if only there wasn't a little things called work standing in our way!

Publication Date: 01/31/11