Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by carluchi1347

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by carluchi1347
Liberty of the Seas
Dining 5+
Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Liberty of the Seas -
My wife and I recently returned from a back to back cruise on the LIBERTY of the SEAS in early December 2010. Over the past 10 years we have traveled with several different cruise lines and as RCI's NAVIGATOR of the SEAS was our first cruise ever , we made the assumption that all cruises where the same. Our first taste of cruising with ROYAL CARIBBEAN , was shall we say an addicting experience to say the least.

Over the next 10 years we sampled the other cruise lines, and all where good experiences , they just came up short of our first experience aboard the NAVIGATOR of the SEAS , So we booked a cruise back with ROYAL CARIBBEAN to see if the excitement , and overall satisfaction of our first cruise would return.

And we were not disappointed , the level of service aboard ROYAL CARIBBEAN is so far above expectations , it's just amazing to watch this staff perform there duties day in and day out.

I , also work in the service industry in Toronto, and I am ashamed of the level of service we provide to our passengers when compared to RCI's standards. It was a wake up call for me to say the least. My only wish is to let all of our staff experience what "true service" involves by bringing them aboard one of RCI's Ships.

As our first week unfolded , we realized that one of our bags had busted a zipper,as our luggage was 15 years old we decided to get a new bag ashore, so before we went ashore we asked our steward where a good place we could buy a new piece in port. He asked to look at the bag first , not sure what he thought he could do(I was curious as to where he was going with this)...after carefully looking over the bag , he responded "You do not need a new bag , I think we can fix this"..."don't buy a new bag yet, let me take this and get it fixed for you" ...and he took the bag away and we went ashore.

After dinner that same evening , he returned with the bag, and it was repaired as he had promised. The Smile on his face was from ear to ear , he was extremely pleased with his efforts , as was I. ( As the bag was 15yrs old ,I was sure the bag was not fixable...so we had already purchased a bag ashore) I thanked him for a wonderful job , I did not have the heart to tell him we had purchased a new bag earlier, I enjoyed his enthusiasm , it was a treat to watch him work. He so enjoyed going the extra mile , so to speak

His attention to detail was over the top,..after our first night, he had asked "how was your sleep Mam" my wife mentioned that we were used to sleeping on a water bed , so the mattress was a little harder than what she was used too, but its was fine, she was not complaining at all, just answering his question and off to breakfast we went thinking nothing of our conversation with him about the bed.

So when we returned to our room later in the day , my wife laid down on the bed and noticed the bed was so much more comfortable. ( He had added a second layer of memory foam to the bed to make it softer for her)...Every day he asked if "everything was as we need it", "is there anything I can get for You". Again curiosity getting the better of me, I asked him "Is there anything you can't get for me" His response without hesitation was " No, Is not an option" If you ask , I have to try.

We sailed on the LIBERTY of the SEAS ,for 2 full weeks doing a Western, and an Eastern swing, for the second week we had to change rooms, our steward took all our bags to our new room , we didn't have to lift a bag.

Royal Caribbean may be a little more expensive than some other cruise lines, but the service, attention to detail,far exceeds any extra you feel you may or may not have paid. Royal Caribbean is now our cruise line of choice , we will not be sailing on any other line , we already booked our next cruise on EXPLORER of the SEAS , in March.

"NO is not an Option"...How perfect is that?

Publication Date: 01/30/11