Carnival Triumph Cruise Review by Jana60

Entertainment 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Carnival's Triumph out of New Orleans
I just got back from Triumph's Western Caribbean out of NO on 1/27/11. It was a little Cold for the first 24 hours going out and coming back but that shouldn't be a problem except in mid winter. Other than a little chilly, it was a GREAT Cruise!

Embarkation was very slow. Probably the longest lines, some of which was out in the cold, I've ever waited in for a cruise.

My inner cabin was small but with plenty of storage space. Service including the usual towel creatures were great. Room service was very quick. When I ordered coffee in the morning it was brought Hot, fresh, and strong (just the way I like it) in less than 15 minutes.

Carnival's entertainment was better than ever: Still fun Karaoke, disco, etc...but they have great new comedy club with G rated acts early in evening and more Riske' acts (for adults only) late in the evening. The big shows were MUCH improved. I noticed very great improvement in the quality of the dancers and performers this cruise. The deck games were fun to watch as usual, as was winning a "solid gold" plastic ship on a stick by winning a trivia game.

Food was good as usual. They still have my favorites: Lobster (I always have two) and Escargot. Buffet was OK but I liked the Asian Wok food on the Carnival Glory better. On Triumph the Asian food bar is pre-prepared with no choice of ingredients. On The Glory, Passengers were able to choose their vegetables, their sauce AND their meats or lack there of and the food was cooked right there in a Wok. I wish they had this on the Triumph. The Pizza was still very good. I wish they had milk available at night in the buffet. When I asked for this I was told I could call room service and get some but I would rather have been able to get some with my midnight snack.

Gambling was not so good. Lost money much faster than usual at tables and machines were really tight. (made my usual donation to the Casino just made it much more quickly than usual! LOL)

Debarkation was rapid and organized. No waits in any lines and the shuttle bus was waiting right outside the terminal door to take me to the airport.

My cruise on 1/22/11 was my 14th cruise. I've Cruised RCCL, NCL, Princess, and Carnival. Carnival is still in my opinion the best for the money. In addition I have noticed there is just a friendlier, family type atmosphere aboard Carnival ships than aboard larger ships and they seem to attract a friendlier Cruising Customer. Even though there are well over 2000 passengers aboard, I found myself recognising most of them and even being called by name by many of them before the 5 days were over. Carnival ships are not only Fun Ships, they are the Friendly ships!

Publication Date: 01/30/11