Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by BluebirdNE

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by BluebirdNE
Adventure of the Seas
Adventure of the Seas
Member Name: BluebirdNE
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: San Juan
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Cabin Category: K
See More About: Adventure of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Southern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Dining 5+

Smooth Sailing
We flew into San Juan the day before and stayed at the Best Western at the airport. The hotel was simple and sad to say it's not worth the money you pay. The hot tubs were cool and the light was burned out so you couldn't sit outside by the 'cool' hot tubs and enjoy a cold drink. They had trouble with the electricity so the pumps wouldn't work to pump the water to the rooms, therefore the stools & showers didn't work. But once we got on the Adventure of the Seas we were happy.

Nice weather and the staff who work for RC are wonderful. We had the best waiter & assistant waiter that we had in a long time. Dias & Elvis were their names. The only complaint I have is that the waiters is so worried about someone complaining to the Head Waiter that it's hard for them to relax and have fun with you. I've noticed this on other cruises. Our excursion in Dominica for the snorkeling/rum punch cruise was early in the morning when it seems to rain. The snorkeling was beautiful but they don't let you have enough time to really enjoy it. Then on the way back they had just enough rum punch for one drink! Yes, one drink! But of course they had beer for sale for $3.00 a bottle. I paid good money for the excursion that I'd be darn if I was going to give them anymore of my money. The company that runs this excursion is "Anchorage Hotel & Dive Centre". So beware of them. After getting back to land you can find places to drink a lot cheaper and have more fun.

I don't know if it's the Captain of the ship or we were just lucky but he didn't go that fast that you could enjoy being outside while cruising. Some Captains go so fast that with the wind & the speed of the ship you can't stand to be outside. I'd cruise on this ship again in a heartbeat!

Publication Date: 01/30/11