Norwegian Epic Cruise Review by Dennis Kelly: Loved it and hated it

0 Post

Compare Prices on Norwegian Epic Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Loved it and hated it

Sail Date: January 2011

What did I enjoy - the food was excellent, the staff were superb, some of the shows were excellent as well. We enjoyed the Second City comedy club, Legends of Rock and the Blue Man Group. Cirque Dreams was OK - individual acts superb but the way it is linked up was awful. Food was lukewarm so not worth the additional $30.

What did we not like - too much afraid and enough to ensure I will not sail on the ship again. There is an overwhelming feeling of having to pay out for an awful lot. Tips are compulsory although I did see people asking for them to be removed from their bill. Drinks are exorbitantly expensive and then they add 18% on top which frankly is outrageous. You have to pay for too many of the restaurants - you just feel that after having paid a lot to get on the cruise, the spending never stops. I expect to pay a lot for drinks etc but this was ridiculous.

The cabins were frankly appalling. Way too small and most people complained. If they had installed 20 More less cabins on each deck then everybody could have had a foot or two more of space. As it was my feet stuck out the bottom of the bed - anyone over 5'8" would have the same problem. The toilet facilities in the rooms are unusual and frankly unacceptable - for this alone I would not go back.

During the first week of January the ship was apparently completely full for the first time - and it felt like it. It just felt packed, claustrophobic and way too busy. Not enough open space.

We paid to use the Posh sun deck on our second week and that was worth every penny.

So overall I had a good holiday which could have been a lot better if the ship hadn't been such a disappointment. I will definitely not cruise with them again and would advise all potential cruisers to think twice about using this ship - pity really. Less

Read more Norwegian Epic cruise reviews >>