Celebrity Eclipse Cruise Review by RoboRep: WOW!

RoboRep
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Celebrity Eclipse Western Caribbean Cruises

WOW!

Sail Date: December 2010

We arrived later than expected due to a three hour drive in bad weather and afraid we wouldn't be allowed on the ship. Registration was a breeze and we were greeted by a calming, friendly agent who immediately put us at ease. This gorgeous ship truly feels like a 5-star hotel. Despite the large number of guests on the ship, we never felt that we were in a crowd. We bought a bottle of our favorite wine to enjoy on our balcony with the lovely complimentary appetizers brought to our room every afternoon. Without exception, the wait staff was top notch. The holiday decorations and professional entertainment were very uplifting and kept us smiling.

The ease of getting a quick bite to eat at the informal International Buffet was a treat. The food was always fresh and what great selections! The nightly dining included was very good; however, one night we chose to splurge and ate at the Tuscan Restaurant. OMG! I'm sorry we didn't eat there every night! The food was exquisite and More worth the extra $. The martini bar was a favorite hangout with top-notch martini experts making unique concoctions. Yum!

We did not book any excursions, but had a grand time just tooling around San Juan, St. Maarten, and St. Thomas on our own. It was drizzling in San Juan so we spent half the afternoon at Senior Frogs wearing balloon hats and eating popcorn out of dog bowls while sipping marvelous margaritas. I thought we would be bored with Labadee, but had the best time there. Actually, it was beyond our expectations and we had a blast.

Disembarkation was a breeze...the easiest we ever experienced. The only disappointment was the lack of storage in the room. Two of my 4 cruises have been on Celebrity and, without doubt, were the best. The Eclipse, just launched in April, 2010, was an excellent choice and wouldn't hesitate to "do it again"! If I wasn't such a lady my husband would have had to drag me kicking and screaming off the ship. I didn't want to leave....neither did he. Less

Read more Celebrity Eclipse cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Eclipse Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Eclipse Deluxe Ocean View W/Veranda Vista Deck (8) 1656

Very comfortable, wonderful balcony and view, very quiet, comfy bed and bedding. Very nice bathroom. Great wall-mounted flat screen TV. Negative: too small a closet and not enough draws for 2 people.