Radiance of the Seas Cruise Review by DKH89

Member Name: DKH89
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Tampa
Cabin Category: I
See More About: Radiance of the Seas Cruise Reviews | Western Caribbean Cruise Reviews | Royal Caribbean Cruise Deals
Value-for-Money 5+

Low expectations = awesome cruise
After reading some poor reviews I simply wanted a few decent meals, flushing toilet and to not get sick. So I was incredibly pleased with everything, as all meals were good and a few even great. No plumbing issues and if you got sick it wasn't the ships fault as there were hand sanitizer everywhere.

As a Florida native, the pools weren't a big draw for us, so can't speak to much about them other than the hot tub in the adult atrium area was really nice after a long shore excursion day. The pool tables were quite fascinating and we played several times throughout cruise without a wait. The shows were good and the Love and Marriage game was extremely funny and a must see.

The average age was much older than my boyfriend and I but, I was pleased to see that some thought was taken at table assignments. We were placed with all couples in their 20-30's. I found that it was hit and miss on the red meats but had some fabulous seafood and pasta dishes. Spent more money on coffee at Lattitudes than alcohol but it was worth it. If you bought coffee you got pastries with it so sometimes that was breakfast or in the afternoon it was a nice pick me up and snack to hold over till late dinning.

Our adventurous nature lead us to be a bit more risky than most with the ports we visited. Our stories are more rare and most likely influenced why I thought the cruise was so great. Read port reviews for details...

Getting on and off ship was easy and the staff were all really friendly and helpful. I'm looking forward to doing this same cruise again with my kids.

Publication Date: 01/29/11