Braemar Cruise Review by Karen Brown: First Time Cruisers

First Time Cruisers

Sail Date: October 2010
Destination: Transatlantic
Embarkation: Dover

This was the 1st time my husband and myself had been on a cruise. So we thought we would enjoy a smaller ship, but that was a mistake. Small and friendly to us after we had done the cruise represented cramped and forced to speak to people.

The experience of boarding the ship at Dover, which has been repeated on many of your reviews, was without doubt a very good experience. We had an alloted time to check in and everything went smooth. The taxi dropped us off, the porter took our cases, and we didnt see them again until we boarded the ship and they were in our cabin.

The 1st few days the weather was poor and there were insufficient seats inside without squashing on tables with people. When the sun came out it was not quite so bad, but you still sometimes had to share. I think this is where I realise perhaps cruising is not for me. I like to read my book, but that was impossible as the minute someone sat at your table they felt they had to talk incessently which got More on my nerves.

At breakfast in the Thistle restaurant two people could not sit alone, you always had to share, and always had to sit opposite you were not allowed to sit side by side. I do mean not allowed, when I expressed that I did not want to sit in the middle of a table of 10 the waiter shrugged his shoulders and beckoned the next couple over, leaving us no choice but to go to another restaurant for breakfast. Not a treatment expected as they bill themselves as a 5star country house hotel style.

As other people have pointed out the drinks were reasonably priced, the choice of wines was excellent Less

Published 01/29/11

Read more Braemar cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Braemar Review >>

Compare Prices on Braemar Transatlantic Cruises

Cabin review: B Superior Twin Outside

we had a superior outside cabin with picture window on the main deck. There was not walk way outside so we had good views and nobody walking past. Made up to a double it was a bit cramped, but on the plus side there was plenty storage, the cases fitted under the bed. There was tea and coffee making facilities which was nice and not expected. The bathroom was agin small but compact everything you need. You dont really spend alot of time in the cabin so overall very pleasing. They also had a television with films and sky news and sport which pleased my husband.

Read All Superior Twin Outside (B) Reviews >>
Karen Brown
Member Since 2001
0 Forum Posts
Family & Children
Rates
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X