Carnival Dream Cruise Review by godallas: Cutting costs

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Cutting costs

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We just came back from a 7 day Cruise aboard the Carnival Dream. We got a Junior Suite and enjoyed it very much. My only complaint if any was it seemed like the nightly menu in the dining room was almost the same other than a couple of entrees were changed. I have been on Carnival over 10 times and am a Platinum member. I can honestly say this was the only time I was dissatisfied with the waiter. Other then taking our order he always seemed like he was in a hurry and never took the time the entire cruise to chat with us. Now that may be because they may have too many table to take care of but I felt for the price paid we should get a little more attention. Our cabin attendant was great, staff in the Casino was great also.

The ship overall is pretty nice and the boarding and leaving process was painless. I sailed Carnival only for about 8 years and then switched to Royal Caribbean. I have sailed Royal Caribbean for the past 8 years and we are Diamond Members but thought we More would give Carnival another shot because of the better price and the new ship Dream. I didn't like the new way Carnival is doing the tips and putting it on your sail and sign card without asking you. I would rather give the people money myself.

I must say Carnival is coming up with a "few" new things for Platinum members but nothing like Royal Caribbean offers their past cruisers.

Ports of call were the normal ports and we didn't have a problem.

All in all we had a great time and the weather in Florida is much better then Ohio at this time of year.

Entertainment was not as great as normal in my opinion. Ship dancers were in 3 of the 6 nights they had entertainment. Didn't bother going to the 2nd and 3rd time they were on because we didn't enjoy them the first night. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Suite Empress 7368

Paid a lot extra to get a Junior Suite but we certainly enjoyed it. Lots of room, lots of storage space. Will probably try and get one the next time we go if we can afford it.

Port was great, not enough time in port, ship pulled out at 2 pm. Took the ferry to Paradise Island.

Read 2615 Nassau Reviews

Took a ship tour of the island and enjoyed it. Did a lot of shopping. Would go back to this port again even though I have been there many times before.

I have been to St Thomas but my traveling companion had not so we took a tour by a local taxi driver and really enjoyed it.

Read 2322 St. Thomas Reviews