Carnival Conquest Cruise Review by smonkey21: Positives/Negatives

Compare Prices on Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruises

Positives/Negatives

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Galveston

Hello all. Just a quick update that I hope is helpful to you if you are taking this ship. First off the dinner staff in the Monet early seating you all ROCKED..

I went with my wife and twin 6 year old boys and my side of the family. They were so good to us and were always checking on the kids to make sure they were happy. They always used our names no matter when they saw us morning/noon or night and that was a nice surprise.

If you get the chance find the magician who walks around and does a solo show outside the martine/wine bar at 11 pm each night. Located 5th deck starboard (right) side out side of Henri's. His name is Bennan. He is AWESOME. His tricks are mind blowing. He was even nice enough to make a personal visit to our dinner table one night at my request to show my boys some sweet tricks.

Kids Camp-Camp Carnival- AWESOME- They were so good to the kids and they boys had a blast.

I will tell you this if you are traveling with children More then listen to me. You will get charged 70.00 per person for Gratuity. Go to guest services and have them remove your 70.00 per child from your bill. They will do this with no questions asked. No reason for me to pay 140 total in tips for my children when they were doing nothing for my children.

Also please take motrin/benadryl-which can also help with motion sickness and cough medicine as we all got this wicked cough. The medical officer will see you but they do not take insurance and it is not cheap at all. I had one with a fever and I had to make sure they would not charge me to take his temp. Just trying to help you out if you are cruising. We did have a great time. Oh and last thing. When leaving the ship on Debarkation day-If you can carry your own luggage take that self assist option. We took the stairs up from 1 to 3 at 8:10 and were off the ship and through customs by 8:30. Well worth the struggle to carry our own bags. All in all it was a great cruise and the staff on the conquest was amazing and willing to help at every turn. I hope this review helps you in some way. Have fun

Thanks Less

Read more Carnival Conquest cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Conquest Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Conquest Oceanview Riviera 1252

The room was fine. Ocean view was nice. Bed was good size and the pull down bunk bed for the boys was nice. Bathroom is small but your on a SHIP. Shower water is hard to master. Just leep working on it you will figure it out...

Cozumel- We went to some resort beach and the beach SUCKED. Cheap to get in and rent chairs but the new pool they have was great. Warm and open. The kids and I just hung out there. Not a fan of of Cozumel as much. So I am not a great voice for this port.

Read 3085 Cozumel Reviews

Grand Caymans-OH man I want to move here. We took a bus/van to a very nice beach not far from the pier. Sorry cannot remember the name but it was about 5-10 minutes away. The beach gets a 10 and the water a 7. Beach is free as all beaches are. You can rent chairs/umbrella from the smartest couple in the world. They just picked up and moved there and that is their business. Make sure you take a ship card or DL as they will need when you rent. You will get it back so no bother. There is a bar there and local beer Calib will cost 20.00 a bucket then a 5.00 bucket deposit is needed. 5 beers and very good. The beach is open and the sand is great. The Water is nice just wish snorkling would have been better. Little walk to the reef so that is the only reason I gave a 7. People in GC are great. I could move there in a heartbeat. You can work the price down to get back to the ship but be careful of the driver in the white van. He breaks down.. witnessed not experienced.. Great port

Jamaica. We just took the bus to Dr's Cove-It will cost 5.00 per person to get there then 5.00 to get in 2.50 for kids and you can rent chairs and an umbrella. They have bar service on the beach. That beach I give a 7 little crowded but nice. The water I give a 10. You can swim from shore to the reef and snorkling there was amazing. No flippers needed. All kinds of fish. The Lifeguards were great. We sat the kids in front of them and they were so helpful. Outside of that Jamaica is a dump and the people off the beach were rude and just wanted money. It was irritating that the bus driver and his helper that called herself Momma were trying to take us to another beach that nobody wanted to go to and she said she would save us some shopping money by taking us to a little place just off the ship. LIE LIE LIE.. Just buy your rum/coffee or whatever you need at the shooping center at the pier.