Rhapsody of the Seas Cruise Review by cruisin-m: Rhapsody 13th January South Pacific

cruisin-m
Member Since 2009

Compare Prices on Rhapsody of the Seas South Pacific Cruises

Rhapsody 13th January South Pacific

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: South Pacific
Embarkation: Other

Will try and mention the things that others haven't as there seemed to be a lot of people on here that covered majority of things. I'll probably majority mention the things that weren't perfect or surprised me, not because I'm a negative person, but because we all know that every cruise is perfect in its own way and that it's really hard to complain about anything in general.

The Ship- The ship itself is beautiful, although it is showing a bit of wear and tear on carpets etc then majority of other ships I've been on, but I really couldn't care less about this kind of thing anyway.

The Food- Was amazing, yet in mine and company's completely honest opinion we thought Princess and P&O do have a higher standard in food as no lobster etc, seafood was pretty dry in the dining room, the steaks were rather ordinary, so this often left me with the pastas etc which were excellent however.

Buffet food was great and varied, just as varied was the temperature you More got it at though as well, either piping hot or stone cold (hot food) pretty standard for buffets everywhere though!

Only getting 3 courses at dinner was also a big shock for a cruise ship to us Not that I always had the 4 courses on P&O/Princess but knowing it was there was pretty special.

The Entertainment- Production shows were pretty average, don't want to compare again but P&O definitely takes this category out by a long shot. On the other hand some of their guest entertainers were the best I've ever seen at sea, Phoenix the mentalist/magician was definitely the standout performance.

The night time entertainment was probably the biggest disappointment of all for me, no "island night" just a "tropical/casual dancing under the stars night" which started at 10:30 and ended strictly at midnight despite the gigantic crowds they had, same thing went for the "toga night" which was extremely fun yet extremely short lived at the same time only going for 1.5 hours.

Was one of the party crowd and went hard every night till the viking lounge kicked us out, while the crowd was the best, DJ Jamie was a really average DJ, just put a play list on and sat and talked with the crew or did nothing, alright music just sick of the same thing every night.

Another thing was their closing times! 3:00 am at the absolute latest 1:30-2 am on most nights despite being packed out, definitely not like P&O and Princess there.

Despite this still had a better time overall due to the crowd on this cruise!

The Service- Was definitely the standout thing I noticed about Royal Caribbean, dining waiters in my time dining were excellent, especially head waiter Jerry probably the funniest and happiest cruise ship staff member I've ever met.

Also got the opportunity to have dinner downstairs in traditional dining and found the waiters average and the head waiter an absolute shocker.

Room steward was better then any other cruise, first time with towel animals every single night and super friendly!

The "cruise" experience- This is an area that Royal Caribbean really don't have it all in as there was no champagne waterfall, no themed displays, no cake displays, next to no fruit carvings or models, no baked Alaska and waiters parade, boring bingo, the pool barbecue was really an outdoor buffet with a few gigantic trays of not very appetising stuff. I know it's trivial stuff but these are things that I find are unique to cruising and have come to expect them now .

Bar- Rhapsody has it hands down here- $4.50 Aussie beers,$5.50 coronas and imports, $8.00 long beach iced teas and your average cocktail, special cocktail of the day was $6.25, and $5.50 house spirits. Spirits/cocktails on this ship are VERY generous, no measuring .

Might mention they ran out of Coronas about half way through, from about the 4Th or so night couldn't get them anymore! And at the very end no lemonade or pineapple juice... bad ordering must have happened.

Overall- Had the absolute best holiday and wouldn't hesitate with going with Royal Caribbean again, such an amazing time.

At the same time, sorry P&O and Princess Australia haters but I think your beloved US lines are really no better then them at all. Less

Read more Rhapsody of the Seas cruise reviews >>