MSC Poesia Cruise Review by trochs

MSC Poesia
Member Name: trochs
Cruise Date: December 2010
Cabin Category: 11
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
        Under 3 1.0
        3-6 1.0
        10-12 1.0
        13-15 1.0

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
Eight days of nothing to do
This will be a quick review. Although I have traveled MSC on several occasions this will be my last time. I'll keep this simple. Poor quality in food unless you want pasta, poor entertainment (how many times can you watch a basketball roll down two ropes and try to get it in a five gallon bucket) and just try to follow the daily planner.

Why does the pool close at 5:00 p.m. each day and the deck chairs get picked up and roped together so you are unable to use them in the evening?

Why would one of the crafts which was "box decorating" be an adult activity when the box was made out of childrens construction paper? Hum. Why would T-shirt painting only be an adult activity when you were given a stencil to trace on the shirt? It's not as though the painting took talent. By the way, there were approximately 30 people wanting to do this t-shirt craft including children and the instructor came to the class with seven shirts. I'm not sure who's fault this was but the poor young lady looked like a "deer in the headlights" when she saw all of us. There was some scrambling to get more supplies not to mention a conflict between a crew member and my youngest son who insisted his children be allowed to paint shirts because the childrens program was so poor.

Why is the disco not used during the day to show movies and fill some of the empty hours? This was a lost opportunity for MSC. Two days at sea with nothing to do was "exhausting". We could have done all of these things at home and saved several thousand dollars. We were offered a second week for free prior to the trip. This tells me MSC can't fill their ship and are offering people incentives to stay on in hopes they will spend money on board or book shore excursions to compensate for the loss of bookings.

We were a group of 11 and occupied three cabins. My family had anticipated a wonderful trip with time spent together. My older son, he's 34 so he is not a child, said to me, Mom, MSC has made you out to be a liar. You said you always enjoyed your trips with them. We were lucky the trip was not another day, we would have jumped ship.

Publication Date: 01/28/11