Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Doornumber3

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by Doornumber3
Liberty of the Seas
Liberty of the Seas
Member Name: Doornumber3
Cruise Date: January 2011
Cabin Category: E1

Liberty of the Seas with Friends
This was my third trip on Royal Caribbean but 1st on the Liberty. After we booked our friends decided to join us so this would be a first traveling with friends:

Boarding:

I've read the nightmare stories and my friend had the same experience, however i can say only great things about boarding. We were dropped off by a car service at 12:30 and were in our stateroom by 1:00pm. The best i've had yet on any cruise line.

Stateroom:

We had adjoining balconies with our friends and really enjoyed that. Even without the balconies opened, a single balcony is a nice size compared to others. Rooms were decent size.

Dining:

I wish i could rave about our dinner service like i've had in the past, but that was far from the case. Our waiter was the worst i've had on any cruise line. He didn't seem to enjoy anything, and was very very slow. One night we waited 45 minutes for drinks. After 3 nights he still didn't remember our names or anything about us. The menu choices were a bit disappointing as well. Even the nights they had nice choices (prime rib) it came out overdone. We did end up eating at Chops 3 nights and I have to say that it's such a fantastic experience. The waitstaff and manager were first class and i'd highly recommend doing this. I wouldn't say the service issues were ship wide as other guests raved about it. Service at the pools/bars/windjammer is fantastic.

Disembarking:

Piece of cake. 20 minutes off the boat and found the luggage.

Excursions:

this was a weak point. I think the size of the boat makes the organization less than satisfactory. We waited each time for 40 minutes in the meeting areas for them to get organized

Overall:

I didn't let my experience in the main dining room spoil any of the fun and would still consider going back on Royal Caribbean. I do think they've cut alot of corners in the past 4 years and would like to see them stop being so cheap.

Publication Date: 01/28/11