Liberty of the Seas Cruise Review by courteliz24: Wonderful Ship, Great Time to Cruise

courteliz24
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 1.0

Compare Prices on Liberty of the Seas Western Caribbean Cruises

Wonderful Ship, Great Time to Cruise

Sail Date: January 2011

Just back from Liberty of the Seas, Western itinerary. Cruising were my husband 37, myself 33, my son 19 months old, my parents 67 and 68.

We flew down to Miami the night before and stayed in Miami Beach. Took taxis to the cruise terminal and arrived a little around 11:15 AM. We were on the ship by 11:45 AM. It was a very quick and easy embarkation. No problems. We did board after the eastern itinerary, no Belize stop before us.

We had a balcony stateroom 6632. Nice room close to the aft elevators, which we needed with our son. We were also right above the promenade and our dining room. It was a good location.

We had anytime dining. We ended up eating 1 night at Portofino, 4 nights in the main dining room and 2 nights at the buffet. All the meals together were average. Portofinos was the best and the first formal night in the MDR was good. However the other nights in the MDR were fair only. To be honest I was surprised at some of the meals they served out More of there. The buffet was awesome for breakfast and lunch. Dinner was also good at the buffet. You always have to deal with the crowds at breakfast and lunch but that is the way it is. My son had pizza from the Pizzeria Sorrento's and loved it both times. We also at there and had sandwiches from the cafe, which were good. I have cruised Celebrity and Princess before and still think their food is better then RCCL. It's a personal preference not fact.

The ice show was awesome. And we got to see the first ever Dreamworks parade on LOS. We didn't see any other shows. LOS is in dry dock this week working on their improvements. They already had the touch screens up and running on some floors. The nursery is going in next week and the outdoor movies are being added.

I really like the pool deck layout on LOS. The H2O zone is great for the kids and the sports pools are very nice. The shallow areas that then have the drop off to deeper areas are a good idea. They have plenty of hot tubs too. The adults only area is great too. Nice pool and large hot tubs as well.

All the staff were very nice and friendly. Had no problems with any crew members. We used in room babysitting for my son a few nights and had very nice girls take care of him. We also went to Royal Babies and Tots programs and thought they did a great job. We missed the nursery by one cruise, it will be up and running next week already.

All the public areas were very clean. We really liked the promenade. Vintages wine bar was a favorite as well as the English Pub. They do a great job on a ship so big having lots of areas to disperse the people too. only time the promenade was crowded was during the shopping sales and parades. The Viking Lounge/Olive and a Twist were nice quiet areas to have a drink and watch the ship pull out of port. Played a few nights in the casino. Had at least three blackjack tables $6 and under. My dad played craps on one $5 table.

We stopped in Costa Maya, Belize, Cozumel, and Grand Cayman. Costa Maya is a new port and they have a long way to go to reach the level of some other stops. The beach was still nice for a few hours and the water was warm and clear. We did not get off in Belize. It was a tender and I thought it would be a long ride for my son. My parents did say other then shopping, there isn't much to do there if you don't book an excursion. Cozumel is always great. it was our 4th time there. We went to Paradise beach this time and loved it. Grand Cayman is always nice. The bluest water you will ever see. We had wonderful weather the whole week.

Disembarkation was not a problem what so ever. We were off the boat in 10 minutes. We were in the first group because we had a flight leaving at noon from Miami. They announced our group at 7 AM. They had two gangways going. One for US citizens and Canadians and one for everyone else. We breezed through the US one. Customs was no problem. I know there have been several posts about problems after stopping in Belize. Maybe they fixed it now or maybe it was because there was no cruise after ours since they were going to dry dock. Whatever the case, it was one of the easier disembarks I have experienced.

Overall a great experience on LOS. I would go back again on any Freedom Class hip. Just hope they improve on the food in the MDR. Less

Read more Liberty of the Seas cruise reviews >>