Celebrity Century Cruise Review by ufgator1: Celebrity Sky Suite Dissapointment

Compare Prices on Celebrity Century Bahamas Cruises

Celebrity Sky Suite Dissapointment

Sail Date: January 2010
Destination: Bahamas

I have never written a review in my life. My feeling, you are on a cruise - what could be so bad?? I have been on 10 RCL cruises, 3 NCL short cruises and other older cruise lines in the past. Everyone told me Celebrity is the "upgrade" from both RCL and NCL so wanted to give it a try and took a short 2-day adventure. I have always booked suites and expected the service and experience would outshine NCL Sky since that is a lower-rated, much more inexpensive cruise ship. I couldn't have been MORE WRONG! The suite we were in was a bigger room with a balcony and a butler - smaller than NCL Sky. The butler service was a joke, I only met the man after going to the desk to ask who and where he/she was - on NCL you are escorted on to the ship, introduced to your concierge and butler and from that point on - he answers your every need. The room a/c was broken - asked 3 times before it was fixed. The 'suite amenities' only came IF you asked according to the desk. I had to ask for bigger towels More that were promised, morning news that was promised - NEVER got pre-boarding or embarkation. To make the trip just perfect - when we got off , one of our bags was missing (despite the promise of premium bag handling with the suite?) and the Celebrity representative told me - "well, look around, maybe it's in the wrong color zone"?

The shows have been mentioned a lot on cruise critic, and reviewers are right - worse than the karaoke on board. When I was charged in a bar I had NEVER SET FOOD IT, I asked that it be taken off and was questioned several times , 'are you sure you didn't charge it?',really? It took FIVE times to the desk before they finally removed the $5.67 charge - I was paying $1000 for a suite, would I really try and cheat Celebrity out of that? It was insulting.

The only highlight was the ship was elegant and the service in the dining room was wonderful - especially considering there were many loud, drunk tables our server was waiting on and he was always kind and calm.

For all of you who think you are upgrading with Celebrity - I challenge you to take one cruise on NCL Sky - while the ship itself is not as elegant and the staff doesn't wear tuxedos or have british accents - the way they care for the customer is truly as if you were a Celebrity! Less

Read more Celebrity Century cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Celebrity Century Review >>

Cabin review: Celebrity Century Sky Suite Penthouse Deck (10)