Westerdam Cruise Review by delliemd: Never again this ship has sailed

delliemd
Member Since 2011

Compare Prices on Westerdam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Never again this ship has sailed

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean

We got into Ft. Lauderdale the day before stayed at Cambria which offers free shuttle for airport & cruise port.not much around hotel ( subway sandwich shop )They serve dinner & breakfast ( extra cost & just ok)

Got on board ship at noon went to Lido it was ok,room ready at 1:30.Once in cabin noticed an inch or 2 of dust along the floor vent & the info guide had greasy food on it.We called our attendant & he took care of it.

We had anytime dining,there was a long wait about an hour & still no table decided to go to Lido,it was closed.All the dining times have been shortened,when we got into the MDR the food was just ok & dinner took about 2 hours.The servers seemed to be over-worked.the MDR was hardly open for lunch & the time was 12:00 to 1:00.The Pinnacle grill was not good either,there was a big long piece of plastic in a cooked veg.the salmon was fishy.

If you are sensitive to smoke watch out.The people smoke their heads More off in the casino,balconies,outside decks.The common areas were not clean enough for me,seats in vista lounge had spills,tables not wiped down in all bar areas that I saw.Buckets of dirty water was in Lido.

It was very boring on this ship ,disco was smoky & bad music.The cruise director seemed bored also.there are mostly people over 70 so I guess he figured it was useless.I am a young 50's, I want a party atmosphere when I cruise.

This was my last cruise on Holland . Less

Read more Westerdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Westerdam Review >>

Cabin review: Westerdam Deluxe Verandah Oceanview Upper Promenade 7143

Aruba was a bit dirty,taxi to public beach 30.00 RT bus was 2.30 need correct change cause they don't have USD.The bus crams on as many people as possible,the ones standing were falling on us.Before boarding I was accosted by a drunk man appeared to be homeless ,I thought my husband was going to end up in jail ,he almost had to hit him to get him away .You have to guess when to get off the bus at the beach.there are no bathrooms ,changing rooms,food or drinks at the beach.What are they thinking?

Read 686 Aruba Reviews

This is a clean cool place,lots of shops ,casino ,street entertainers,cafes.the only problem a lot of the stores had a strong moldy smell.

Read 503 Curacao Reviews