Carnival Dream Cruise Review by pennylane9175: Amazing Trip

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Amazing Trip

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This was my first cruise, and it was just amazing!!!

Getting on the ship was so quick and easy. The crew had done a great job and we were able to board early. Within 15 minutes we were on the Lido deck with drinks in hand. The food smelled wonderful and it wasn't that crowded up there.

First day was at Nassau, and not as beautiful as I had hoped. To really have a great Bahama experience, go to the Atlantis resort. If you want to experience the shopping and downtown, be prepared to have necklaces put on you and people grab you to look at their products or offer to braid your hair. This was only for 4 hours and that was plenty.

Second day, sea day. Wonderful, relaxing and a great opportunity to explore the ship. The staff is very friendly on this ship and very attentive. The waiters in the Crimson dining room knew our faces when they saw us on other decks and remembered our names. I was impressed by that. They also had our groups info down by the second night, More who liked coffee who liked tea and such. We had Elpedio, Glenn and Rennie and requested them every night due to their wonderful personalities. The ship is big, but not overwhelming. We took in a show and then the comics. Both comics were great. The crowd was more of an older group, so there weren't too many people in the dance clubs at night, which made it a fun experience for our group of 6. The piano bar was nice, and the Latin band was very talented. I felt they should have been in the Ocean Plaza instead of a little room in the back of the boat.

Third day - St Thomas!!!! If you go here, go to Coki beach! Relaxing, fun, non crowded, not many people trying to sell you things and the beach waiters were wonderful and not pushy. We snorkeled on our own and saw so many fish it was perfect. The water was BEAUTIFUL!!!! The sand was clean and white and I wanted to never leave.

Third day - St Maarten. We went to the French side and the waves were very big. A little too rough for me, but the others in my group had a lot of fun in them. We did a few beach activities, rode the waves, rode the big banana and walked the shops. A LOT of people trying to sell stuff, too many, and that annoyed me after a few hours. However, the wait staff was great and even though we had two passing showers we had a very relaxing day on that beach.

Days 4 and 5 -sea days. So nice, relaxing in the spa and the hot tubs. Played in the casino, had amazing meals, danced, laughed at comics, did karaoke, danced salsa with the Latin band, took in a few shows, participated in the games and never had a worry.

Day 6 - Had a great breakfast in the Scarlet, and disembarked without a hitch. Off the boat in 10 minutes through customs and all. Got our luggage fast and only had to wait for Budget to pick us up. An all out amazing trip.

A few things to mention, our room steward was like a little pixie coming in and cleaning our room without being noticed. His amazing towel creations and attention to details made this a great trip. The Maitre Di in the Crimson dining room made an effort to stop by every table and spend time with the guests, very nice. The drinks were amazing and the drink of the day deal was great. The entire staff was just wonderful. I met the cruise director Butch and the assistant cruise director George in the Caliente dance club and they were very nice too. I didn't do any of the "fun games" they had arranged, but the people who did looked like they were having a great time too. Our group had planned things together and had a great time. All six of us had the best time, and we all were on different levels of the ship. Our cove balcony was great. We had spectacular views of the moon (which was full) and the islands as we docked. The cove is also secluded enough to sit on in your robe and no one else can see you. Very private. Our room was spacious enough for two women to get ready without being in each others way. The shower was a little small to shave in though.

The only downside - after two days at sea I did smell the ship smell in one part of the boat, but it wasn't horrible and it went away. I would most definitely sail on the Dream again, there is so much to do I could never be bored. I know I'm missing some things, but I hope this gives you an idea of how great the vacation can be if you want it to be~!!!!!! Enjoy Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Main 2435

Lots of closet space, great balcony, in the Aft part of the second floor, which was quiet. Small shower, but nice bathroom. Great steward. Amazing views when you dock at an island

I thought Nassau was ugly, but others on the boat had booked excursions that they said were great. I would only go back if I was doing excursions at the Atlantis resort.

Read 2624 Nassau Reviews

Beautiful island, strong waves on the French side, and very touristy. Also, be warned that the beaches are clothing optional and not everyone taking that option looks like a model ;-)

Calm, serene, no worries! Beautiful water, sand, beach, locals and food. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

Read 2323 St. Thomas Reviews