Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by cruisergirl85

Home > Reviews > Member Reviews > Carnival Spirit Cruise Review by cruisergirl85
Carnival Spirit
Carnival Spirit
Member Name: cruisergirl85
Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: San Diego
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 6A
See More About: Carnival Spirit Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Member Rating   Not Rated

Second Cruise
Getting on the ship was fast and easy especially since we were VIP.

Our cabin was nice and clean. Our Steward Sitti was nice and friendly and always said hi when in the hall. Her helper Merill was quiet and, but still said hi and nodded and smiled when you walked by. We had a nice view from our balcony. The room and bathroom was always clean. One side of the ceiling bed was out and they didn't get mad when asked to put it in all the way. We always had a new towel animal with candies. I gave them each twenty-five dollars extra. The room stewards are over looked.

We had early dinner first night service was great after that it went down. I won't mention names because I don't want them to get fired. We never saw or met the head waiter like we did on the mariner. Our head server was female she had a nice personality and smiled. She was polite and nice. Her helper "Borat" smiled alot, but got on my nerves. Came by every five minutes asking if we want more water or bread. I would have hot tea and have my tin open meaning I want more water. After they each came by twice and still no hot water I asked and then they would take it like minutes later and I would get it. The cups in the lido are bigger than the ones in the dining room. They need to be bigger. By the time they all started singing we still hadn't got our main course even though starters were done with. Food was good, but the steakhouse has better. Service was slow I just brought my ds and started to play in between courses. Was able to finish a 2 different courses of Mario Kart at the least four at the most. Other than that they didn't get any extra money from me like they did on the mariner. I wanted to subtract, but wasn't allowed too.

Ivon the ones who asks for drinks that comes around was very nice and very knowledgeable in her drinks. She knew what drink my mom was talking about and what was in it when the one we asked before didn't even know what she was talking about.

The Maitre' D was just plain annoying "Hellllloooooo" every single night just got on my plain nerves. I never tipped her I just didn't see any reason not to.

The Arcade room sucked not much of a selection to expensive five dollars only gets you two choices.

The gym sucks also it's small and not alot to choose from. The machine is either broken or in another language.

The library and computer room is in one room. Not alot of books and internet is expensive. Your better off not paying for inertnet use and buying it in the city.

I hated having to open the door for the intercom. They should make it to where it goes in your room, but have a choice to turn it off or on.

I liked the ice cream, but the buffet could use some adjusting.

The shows were okay.

The thing I found different from Royal and Carnival though was that with Carnival the purchase were updated immediately. With Royal I probably wouldn't know till the next morning even when it was ourchased in the morning.

Will try Carnival again, but not Spirit unless they change