Queen Elizabeth Cruise Review by Gwen Price

Cruise Date: November 2010
Embarkation: Southampton
Destination: Western Mediterranean
Cabin Category: C2
See More About: Queen Elizabeth Cruise Reviews | Western Mediterranean Cruise Reviews | Cunard Cruise Deals
Entertainment 5+

LuxuryOnly.com

Ship Facts: Queen Elizabeth Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Queen Elizabeth Deck Plans
Queen Elizabeth but not QEII standard
On arrival at our cabin we were very impressed with the design, cleanliness and bathroom,there has been improvement on wardrobe space. Our cabin steward was friendly and efficient.

Firstly the food, Breakfast, if you want scrambled eggs made with real eggs you can't get them (I did ask), unfortunately Cunard now serve the reconstituted eggs. The toast is always cold, hard and poor quality, little squares of sliced bread is used. Otherwise the breakfast is good.

Lunch - don't have the club sandwich, I ordered it one day it came to the table and had to send it back the bread was soggy, so soggy in fact I had to ask what it was as all of the mayo had soaked into the bread it looked more like a thick soggy pancake (I then ordered the fish fillets with chips which were excellent). The food in the pub is very good and tasty. However be prepared to wait for drinks.

Pre dinner drinks in the cocktail lounge, there are lots of waiters to take your order in fact we were asked 3 times what we would like to drink only to say we had already ordered but had to wait 10 minutes for the drink to arrive as there was only 1 man making up the drinks. This happened frequently.

Dinner, very good, however in the good old days when it came to the cheese and biscuits a cheese board came to the table and you cold select what you want now you get little squares of cheese, as for the Stilton you sometimes have to ask for this and again you get a few little squares that have just come out of the fridge.

I have emailed Cunard about this and got a reply saying they would get back to me. I am still waiting for a reply.

Publication Date: 01/23/11