Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by probuilder2007: Beautiful Spirit for a pre-xmas vacation

probuilder2007
Member Since 2008

Compare Prices on Norwegian Spirit Western Caribbean Cruises

Beautiful Spirit for a pre-xmas vacation

Sail Date: December 2010
Embarkation: New Orleans

December 12, 2010 Spirit Review

Leaving Harrah's after a nice two days we embarked on the Spirit for the second cruise on this ship.

After an annoying but brief security check we got into a line for returning NCL customers and were quickly on our way. Nice job NCL!

The Spirit is a handsome ship full of Asian art and fung shuy pools. Pool area is large and has a band for a sail away party and every evening.

Away to the lunch at Raffles' and we found it clean and fresh. A couple of salads later (maybe some desert also, hmmm...) we checked into our room.

We opted for an inside this time because I had never been in an inside. (Our fifth cruise.) I found the inside to be a great value with the only drawback is you never could see if it was day or night, no worries it allowed us to sleep forever.

Cabins were well cared for and comfy with an adequate bath, similar to other ships baths.

We usually like to eat in the main dining More room because it is so lovely, Windows has a soaring wall of windows at the rear of the ship and we loved to eat breakfast and look out upon the great expanse of the sea. The food was very good and the menu always had an entree to arouse your appetite.

We did eat at Cagney's this trip and I am happy to report that even with the up charge it was a memorable experience, with classy service. The oysters Rockefeller were fantastic using only the best Gulf Coast oysters. Although the main dining is fun I do recommend a night in their up sell restaurants, you won't be sorry.

The ports were excellent, I think the best choices for a seven day cruise. We did not do much except tour a little on our own as this was a resting vacation for us.

Entertainment was excellent, with a second city comedy troop and a show called Elements. They also have two endless pool in the spa, NICE!

Went to a late night chocolate buffet and it was outstanding and beautiful, again well done NCL staff.

Casino was fun and although I did not win anything I simply played for hours a day and only lost a hundy or less. They have a quarter pusher thing that was a blast. Hours trying to get that precarious stack to fall. This is a break even prop as all that falls you just reinsert.

Disembarkation was a chore as we arrived late due to a medical emergency and the passengers were somewhat anxious and it turned into a rude time because of a few rude people. But we did get off within an hour or so and jiggty jig were back in NOLA.

LOVED the Spirit and all my ship mates that I met at a meet and greet.

LOVED the ports and the shopping they offered.

LOVED the weather as it was perfection from start to finish.

Absolutely LOVED this trip!!!!

C-YA Less

Read more Norwegian Spirit cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Spirit Review >>

Cabin review: Norwegian Spirit 6535

6536 Norweign Spirit Great over sized cabin near the elevators but that also made it somewhat noisy late at night when the party crowd returned.