Maasdam Cruise Review by PMardian: Maasdam A Good Experiance

Compare Prices on Maasdam Southern Caribbean Cruises

Maasdam A Good Experiance

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Southern Caribbean

It was 45 degrees with a strong wind when we boarded the Maasdam. The weather was the only really bad thing about the trip. The staff did a good job of making up for cancelled excursions and generally helping with rough seas that we had several days.

I loved the cooking classes on board. Some you just watched the chefs prepare. Others you had the chance to cook with and learn from a visiting chef. The Bingo was unbelievable the jackpot reached $100,00.00 on the last day.

My friend and I had asked for a table for 8 in the Rotterdam for the late seating. I don't know if was the Dine as You like seating, the age of many passengers that made them choose the early seating, or what but we ended up sitting by ourselves at a table for 2. It took 2 days and a lot of complaining to get at least a seating at a table for 6.

The food was good to great, except the dessert (which I didn't need anyway). They had an amazing array of cheeses to choose from which with fruit More made a great end to the meal.

All in all it was great cruise and a lot of fun. Less

Read more Maasdam cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Maasdam Review >>

Cabin review: Maasdam Large Oceanview Stateroom A 321?

This was the first cruise that we did not have a veranda. That alone was different. However I learned never be on the promenade deck,people walk by starting at dawn until very late at night. You have to keep the drapes drawn so you really can't enjoy the ocean view. The closet space was great for a ship very large. The most amazing thing was the huge path tub. You could almost float in it. The beds were the most comfortable I have had on a ship.

Thiis island was almost as bad as Grand Turk. It was dirty and depressingthe people made you feel even they didn't want to be there.