“Wow”

Jay5627
Member Since 2011
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
This is my second cruise and I was shocked by how much better it was this time compared to last year. Granted the weather was better so I can't give Norwegian credit for that, but they helped make this trip a lot better.

First I got to Miami the night before the cruise and stayed at the Runway Inn. No, it is not even close to the nicest place but they pick you up from the airport for free, have a free shuttle to the port the day of your cruise and also offer a free breakfast. If you're looking to sneak alcohol on the boat they have a liquor store in walking distance too.

Once getting to the port, everything moved very smoothly and quickly getting us on the boat as quick as possible.

There is very little I could complain about with this trip. I could nitpick and say the person doing my stateroom wouldn't leave us towel animals but I could care less about that.

Being 22 I was more interested in Bliss late at night and that would really be my only legit "complaint." They had a special guest DJ but every single night it was the same exact thing. They would call each party something different and maybe ask people to wear a different color but it was the same music night after night which after the 4th night (that's pushing it) it got kind of old and boring.

Luckily there were other things to do late at night (yes, even after midnight) so it wasn't really a problem. There were a lot more people around my age compared to when I went on Royal Caribbean last year which was great.

The next cruise I go on I will definitely make it a NCL cruise.

Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Inside

Port
Great Beaches. The people there were laid back and helpful. May have been the best port I have ever been to.

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 01/19/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Norwegian Pearl Review
Norwegian Pearl Cruises to the Western Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?