“NEVER AGAIN”

Member Since
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
My husband and I have just returned from a two week cruise upon the Costa Classica. It is not our first cruise we go on at least one a year ,it is unfortunatly the first Costa cruise.

The boarding was confusing but hay ho we are on holiday thing can only get better !!!!!!

The cabin we were given was very basic,drab,needed updating.We were next to the ships crew and we think the anchor as the noise when we arrived at a port was deafening.We could hear next door blow there nose.if the sea was rough the wardrobe door banged all night.We had a tiny old television with just the BBC news in English.As the entertainment was aimed at the Germans and Italian the TV was our only entertainment.

Food was greasy and many nights if you did not attend the formal dinning times the self service was shut and you could only get a pizza. on many nights we had no evening meal as my husband could only eat the soup. The breakfast was adequate but no skimmed milk,no brown bread.The first course one night consisted of a apple cut into cubes it was served brown and was obviously going off,,we had waited twenty minutes for this "food".

The staff who did all the work the waiters cleaners etc were constantly been watched by managers who made me feel intimidated,the managers strutted about in black suits looking important but doing nothing.If you did complain they ignored you.

The excursions we booked seven were all cancelled bar one due to the lack of English speaking customers.However the one we did go on consisted of the bus driving us approx 5 miles then we walked around the town for 2 hours when people complained about the need for the bus to take us to each place of interest they said it was due to the volume of traffic and walking was quicker,many people would not have booked if they had known the amount of walking.I will not be booking a cruise again with COSTA.

Costa neoClassica Cruises to Asia
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review:

I16002
Cabin shabby depressing,noisy did not feel we were on holiday not relaxing or inviting.

Published 01/19/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Costa neoClassica Review
Costa neoClassica Cruises to Asia
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?