Carnival Elation Cruise Review by MKit

Public Rooms 5+
Shore Excursions 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Had fun despite the weather
We sailed on the Elation on 1/10-1/15

Let me start off by saying, you can't blame Carnival for bad weather! Yes, it was cooler, in the mid to high 60's and cloudy most of the time. But we are from Michigan so that was great! Also the boat was pretty rocky due to the weather, thankfully the motion of the ocean doesn't really get to me, but I know there were a lot of motion sick people on our trip. Again, you can't blame Carnival for your motion sickness and bad weather. If you want really hot, really clam seas I would say don't cruise in January, go in the summer! I've been on 2 other cruises, both in the summer and the weather was HOT and the sea was smooth like glass!

There were also some technical difficulties due to a broken propeller. As a result we were late to our 1st port and our second port had to be canceled in order to make it home on time. Again some people were pretty upset about this, but I think Carnival did what they had to do and handled the situation really well. We got a full refund of the excursions we booked along with an added $75! No big deal, everything else was working just and the staff was very helpful and friendly, making sure all our questions were answered and making sure we were all entertained and having fun!

FOOD

The food was great! We ate in the dinning room for dinner every night. Our server Remberto, was wonderful! Very friendly and personal and accommodating to all our requests. The great thing about eating in the dinning room is you can try something, if you don't like it you can order another meal, no problem! There were 16 other people we cruised with and we all got to sit together and it was a blast! I enjoyed the different themed lunches, French, Italian, Caribbean just to name a few. If you are a picky eater and nothing at the fancy restaurant or the buffet seems to suite your taste there is always the grill which had burgers, fries, hot dogs, chicken fingers. A deli that made your sandwiches to order, a great salad bar and pizza 24 hours a day! You will never go hungry on a Carnival cruise and there is something for everyone!

ROOMS/CLEANLINESS

The rooms were comfortable and clean. Our room Stuarts did an amazing job and they were very friendly and even addressed us by name when we passed them in the hall. If they weren't cleaning our rooms they were cleaning, dusting, vacuuming, polishing something else. Our room was small, but we got the cheapest room there was, and there was so much to do on the ship, we hardly spent anytime in our rooms. The beds were very comfortable and nice.

ENTERTAINMENT

The bars and clubs were fun too. Lots of very talented musicians aboard. I think Duke's Piano bar was my favorite. You could request songs and everyone would play along. James, the pianist, was very talented. The Vegas style shows were fun and very well done. There were 2 comedians as well. There was a family comedy show that we did not go to, but heard was really funny, and 2 adult shows. The adult shows were really great! But get to the lounge early, if you want a good seat! The Casino and some of the lounges allowed smoking, but the 2 main lounges did not, which was nice, since I am not a smoker.

Like I said before, you can't blame Carnival for the bad weather of their mechanical problems. They did everything they could to make sure everyone was happy and having a good time!

Like Cow Boy Bill, one of the comedians they had on board said, "If you're not having a good time, it's your own fault."

Publication Date: 01/17/11