Here are some good tips to know before cruising on the Carnival Pride:
1) when you get on board, you can't go straight to your room. You have to wait for them to finish cleaning it up, which happens around 3:30/4PM. check-in was fine and fast (we got there at 12pm) but we waited for about 2.5 hours to get to our room. check-out went really fast for us personally because we did self-assist.
2) it's really cold when you go this time of year! pack sweatshirts, leggings, and tights! this ship is cold, as well as all of our ports of call. We went to Pt. Canaveral, Nassau, and Freeport. It never got above mid-70s.
3) the fitness classes are pretty good and not too expensive...the gym is also pretty nice
4) the shows are hit and miss but there is constant programming! some highlights were the battle of the sexes show, the comedy shows (family friendly and 18+), and the opening show.
5) bingo costs a lot...beware. drinks cost money as well but More
juice, hot cocoa, coffee, and tea are free :)
6) bring a watch! you can't have your phone and there aren't so many clocks around the ship...the wake-up calls in the morning come in around 20 minutes late.
7) we were traveling with friends, so the disco was pretty fun at night. make sure you get to visit it at least once.
In Pt. Canaveral, we rented a car and went outlet shopping in Orlando. That was really fun for us so if you love that, we recommend it! If you rent with Thrifty, the last shuttle back to the port is at 4:30 so plan ahead. There's a Publix (grocery store) right down the street so visit there to stock up on sodas.
In Nassau, we wandered around the town in the morning but then went to Atlantis. It's true that if you wait until after 5pm you can get into the aquarium for free but it's a little tricky. Basically, you need to exit the part with the casino and enter through the lobby to get to "The Dig" aka the aquarium. We went to the free beach at Atlantis and it was pretty nice. We returned to the ship for dinner and then went out to Senor Frogs at night. That was really fun!! I highly recommend!
In Freeport, we took a cab to town and went to the strawmarket and beach. It's really small and there isn't so much to do there. The strawmarket there is worse than the one in Nassau so if you can, go in Nassau. Freeport is kind of like a ghost town while Nassau is way more happening.
Internet is so ridiculous, they charge so much! Our stateroom service was very hit and miss but our dining service was AWESOME! Bring books...it helps you from spending too much money.
All in all, it was a very relaxing and fun vacation! Less