Carnival Victory Cruise Review by bluzchick: First timers

First timers

Sail Date: January 2011
Destination: Southern Caribbean
Embarkation: San Juan

Embarkation went smooth, cabin ready at 230pm when we boarded. Ship sailed at 10. Muster drill was at 9 and the ship set sail DURING the muster drill which was not cool. The cabin was perfect. Neighbors not so much..I am shocked the crew let kids and rowdy adults roam the halls until 3:00a.m.

We ate in the MDR every night. The food was fabulous and by the end of the cruise we certainly were full. I wasn't a fan of the infamous chocolate melting cake but most were. The coffee shop was visited often, buy the coffee mug for a discount. I could not stomach the MDR or beverage station coffee-ick! I didn't see anyone not dressed up for elegant night. I wore a long gown and hubby wore a tux and we didn't feel overdressed at all! The MDR staff was fabulous and very entertaining!

Entertainment shows we attended were good, we weren't expecting much. Husband sang Live Karaoke and loved it. Most entertainment was geared toward those from Puerto Rico, including the sail away and More deck parties. There are plenty of rude people who cut in line, can't use an elevator etc but you find these people at home too! The ship was beautiful. The new Serenity deck is fabulous...adults only, wicker/thick cushions/HOT tubs/bar

Islands---loved every island. No complaints and would go back to any one of them in a heartbeat. This is the reason we took this particular cruise and it paid off.

Hubby was ill the first night. I didn't feel well most night. The seas were rather rough. Get the patch from Guest Services and wear it, that is my suggestion. I had never been sea sick before on any other boat, so this was a first for me.

We didn't buy any pictures as they elegant night photos turned out terrible.

The artwork was nice but we didn't buy any.

Wait to buy anything from the gift shop on the last night...everything 50% off

Disembarked at 1030am (we were number 21) and everything went smoothly.

We may or may not cruise again but if we do it will be out of Florida for sure. Less

Read more Carnival Victory cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Victory Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Victory Balcony Upper 6339

The balcony had plenty of room, the cabin had plenty of storage. The bed was uncomfortable for married couples..the ridge in the middle was terrible. Shower had great pressure and plenty of hot water. The hairdryer was useless. Hallway VERY noisy!