Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by Louieatl: Never Again.............................

Louieatl
Member Since 2011

Never Again.............................

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: Other

I thought I had done my homework when I called your reservation system to book a Christmas cruise with Celebration Cruise Lines. My father passed away unexpectedly this year and my brother and I thought it would be a good idea to take our mother on a cruise to soften the emotional strain the holidays would bring. My brother, flew from Perth Australia to spend time with my mom and I. I called your reservation center and spoke with an exuberant employee named Benjamin. Benjamin was pleasant and personable and I aggressively took notes as he was enthusiastically answering all my questions.One piece of incorrect information is when he told me valet parking was $15.00 and did not mention it was for each night, as he knew I was booking a 2 night cruise. He excitedly told us to get checked in early so we could enjoy the lunch buffet and stated we would be re missed if we did not have the coconut chicken. There was no coconut chicken but certainly an abundance of annoying servers trying to More sell cocktails and beers. My family was approached no less than 30 times when we finally gave in and ordered a bucket of beers, believing the violation of our space would end, however it just continued.

After checking into our minuscule cabins, 3253 & 3255. I immediately left the boat to see about an upgrade. The gentleman that I spoke to in bay 19 was pleasant but informed me that their was no options for an upgrade due to the fact the cruise was overbooked. I stated that if the cruise was overbooked my family and I would be happy to give up our cabins to other guests and rebook at another time. He stated he could not do that. I still can not understand if the cruise was overbooked why he would not except my generous offer to give up our cabin so the company would not have any irate guests that could not board due to the overbooking. I went back on board and let my family know of my disappointment in trying to resolve this issue.We were continued to be bombarded with beverage solicitations and decided to go to our cabins to get away from annoyance. We had dinner at Rio where both the service and the food was good.

After some gambling, karaoke, and cocktails we retired. The bed was so uncomfortable that I removed the mattress from the bunk and slept on the floor. When I awoke, I found an extremely large amount BLOOD on the mattress cover, from a previous guest. I can not express in words how disgusted I was. I immediately went to the concierge desk to file a complaint, where I was confronted with Apathy. I was told that the assistant manager of housekeeping would be notified. I found this apology be unacceptable at best. Needless to say the thought of me sleeping on someone else blood took it's toll on me the rest of the day. I found my steward (I believe his name was Joseph) and let him know of my disgusting experience, and not once did anyone employed by your company ever address it with me again. I am not sure how you would react if it was you but being in the food and beverage business, I know I would of fallen all over my self to make my guest now how sincerely sorry I was. But obviously this is not your companies policy.

We decided to save the white table cloth dinner for the last night. Our reservation was for the second seating. We arrived about a half hour early and two lines formed. We got in the line to the right of the entrance. just prior to the doors opening a very caustic server came out and told us if we did not move to the other line we would not gain entrance. Agitatedly we moved. Upon entering the dining room we were escorted to the back of the restaurant. I asked the gentleman if we could have a 4top as it was a solemn occasion for my family due to the loss of dad, he stated no, without a reason and sat us with three other people.Jennifer, one of our seated guests proceeded to explain how unhappy she was with her accommodations and how she was moved which only added to our frustrations. As someone who is a general manager of a fine dining restaurant and has opened no, less than 10 restaurants myself, the food and service was sub par to say the least. The mint in my mojito was rotten and I had to wait @ 30 minutes for a new one, the potatoes were ice cold and the Beef Wellington was overcooked,soggy, and tasteless. My brother and mom went to the show which they enjoyed, I chose not to join them.

Overall, I found the staff to be very unfriendly, especially the Asian woman who was working with the photographer. Due to her antagonistic attitude we chose not to purchase more photographs even though we would have like to.

The renovations of the ship were beautiful, the Trattoria was great, but with such an unfriendly staff and sub par accommodations it would be very difficult for me to recommend Celebration Cruise Lines to any tourists or guests, this is unfortunates considering the position I am in.

I sent this letter to the company and never received a response, so I felt it was best to let others know about my unfortunate experience. Less

Read more Bahamas Celebration cruise reviews >>