Island Princess Cruise Review by traceygirl

Cruise Date: December 2010
Destination: Panama Canal & Central America
Cabin Category: N
Cabin Number: B221
See More About: Island Princess Cruise Reviews | Panama Canal & Central America Cruise Reviews | Princess Cruise Deals

Ship Facts: Island Princess Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Island Princess Deck Plans
Great for a Panama Cruise not for the cruiselines
We flew in the day before and stayed the night in the Crowne Plaza airport/cruise port. I travel 60 plus nights a year and this was the worst Crowne Plaza I have ever stayed in. The location is close to port but there is nothing close. The hotel restraurant is the only thing close and there food is close to average & below.

Check in was OK. We got there around 11:00 am and only had to wait 20-30 minutes.

We had an inside cabin and was very please with it's size. There was a separate dressing/closet area and you could actually walk around both sides of the bed. The cabin attendent was about the only staff we found to do a great job and actually smiled and cared about helping you out.

This was my 15th cruise. I have been on small and big ships. This was the roughest I have ever experienced. Even the calm days at sea this ship rocks.

We had anytime seating and you were seated right away if you were willing to share a table. IF you wanted to sit by yourself you wanted 30 -45 minutes average. The food was probably the worst I have ever had at sea. The soups were very bland. Several dishes I sent back, could not eat. I never remember doing this before. They did have good steaks and served Lobster twice. There baked potatoes were hard like they were could hours before. A lot of the food needed flavor. The wine was only served by the glass or bottle. and the average bottle was $40 plus tip. The service was some of the worst I have ever seen. The minimum time to have an evening meal was 2 plus hours. The waiters seemed unorganized or need some help with time management.

The entertainment was about high school quality. We saw the Tribute & the Piano Man. Dinner took so long we missed several nights.

Getting off the ship was a breeze. We just had to ask for different time of departure. There departure forms are a bit confusing. Like I said this was my 14th cruise so I was not a novice at this.

Publication Date: 01/15/11