Carnival Sensation Cruise Review by glentally

Cabin Category: 4A
Rates 5+

My rating 8 out of 10

1-6-2011 3 day cruise

I wanted to pay back the people who wrote reviews before me. I know how much I like reading them so here we go.

It is my 10th cruise. We live in Orlando, Florida so it was a 45 minute ride to the port. Port Canaveral has easy parking and boarding. My wife, daughter and her friend joined me.

Cabins

We had two inside cabins which I really enjoyed this time. They were so dark I never woke up without a great night sleep. Usually I feel the need to get up once I see light. Our cabin was ready by 1:30 pm, the girls had a problem with the drain in their bathroom but it was corrected, cleaned and never became an issue. Our room Steward Marco was very attentive, ice and special requests were always done.

Food

Lines were a little longer consistently on this ship. Not unbearable but it made for a 10 minute wait to get food no matter where except the pizza and deli bar. No complaints, I would avoid the lines a few times and walk up to the rotisserie and grab a few slices of what they had that day.

We did the anytime dining and enjoyed it. We happened to have the same waiter each night. You could also request that if you liked your waiter like we did. Typical cruise fare and most everything was very good. I thought the lobster was exceptionally sweet and delicious compared to tails I have had in the past. The shrimp that accompanied it seemed a little bland. Prime rib that night was also, right on!

Breakfast one morning in the dining room was so, so. Omelet and corn beef hash was dry. The person I was with also commented on the dry eggs Benedict. Fresh made to order omelets were available there and on the lido deck and I should have done that rather than take something premade off the line.

Ship

I thought it was in excellent shape and not dated in the least bit. The recent remodeling showed well. A great place to relax with two hot tubs seldom used by kids is in the aft, Promenade deck.

Port

The only port on the 3 day is Nassau. Been there probably 4 times so we walked off the ship and got a horse carriage ride. He wanted $20 for each ( $ ) and I told him we would catch him on the way back. It went down to $60 and I took it. About a 20 minute ride around town. They give a little narrative of the buildings and history but with their accent and lots of traffic noise it was hard to hear.

We were familiar with all the buildings so we knew what he was talking about. I suggest skipping the horse ride. We did it to try something different.

Google the Nassau walking tour ( Fromme? sp ) it's a lot of fun and easy if you can walk and interesting.

So after the horse ride we went to the Queens staircase. It was carved out by the slaves, cool, maybe a ten minute walk. So if you don't walk the whole tour go there, you won't be disappointed.

We never went to the shows in the main lounge. After awhile those things are all the same and you can watch it on the television. As long as I mentioned that they have flat screen, I think plasma but unless you are lying in bed it is difficult to see the screen very well.

Both comedians were really good and had packed lounges for all the adult shows. I didn't go to the family comedy. The karaoke was difficult to participate, watch and listen to the way the stage was facing only a few bar stools. So everything else was off to the side and not really involved. The more I think of it that has been the case on other ships.

Went to the ships disco Saturday night and had fun. It was packed and the girls said Saturday night was the same. I wasn't impressed by the pool band. It is hard to call two guys with a lot of audio equipment a band. The band by the casino, two of the three nights was real loud. There was a Filipino band (that's what everyone was calling it??!!). I heard one song from them by and they seemed a lot better.

Publication Date: 01/15/11