Carnival Dream Cruise Review by vcationsrbest: Great way to bring in the New Year

vcationsrbest
Member Since 2010

Family & Children 4.0

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great way to bring in the New Year

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

This really was the best Carnival cruise that we have been on. Embarkation was a breeze, we had gotten a call to arrive between 1:30 and 3:30pm so we showed up around 1:30pm and there was no long lines at all. We had VIP because of our suite but our family cruising with us checked in, in about the same time our VIP took. very easy!

Once on board, we were able to go straight to our cabin and drop off our bags. Our room steward was the BEST- his name was ROMI!!! Our suite was great, very spacious- was thinking it was going to be bigger but it was great!I actually used the jetted tub in the bathroom.

I loved this ship, loved Deck 5' new open areas. I was expecting it to be more open but all in all it was quite a great area! I had the BBQ on the lanai one day and the ribs were good. Used the spa areas included with my suite, never seemed crowded due to day passes or such.

I was able to see a few comedians in the lounge- love the idea of the lounge-love the fact More that they have so many comedians and shows-didn't love the fact that they are very popular with the guests. Definitely filled to capacity every show that I attended. All the comedians I saw were very entertaining and I enjoyed the adult content!

My only regrets about this ship is that I waited for the last day to go to the Serenity and it was closed due to high winds and I only rode the one water slide. There was so much else going on that I never got to do those things.

The ship was crowded but never seemed overwhelming we were at 4500 capacity with LOTS of kids.

For dining we had a great waiter(Kiswante) and we ate in the Scarlet for late seating, for breakfast we did room service or the scarlet.I really don't do long lines for food so I am careful when I choose to dine. For lunch it was the usual burgers or the BBQ but BEST of all I found the Salad Bar on D5 during sea days- that was a great find!

Getting off the ship we did self assist and walked off around 8am.

All in all LOVED this ship, this cruise definitely restored my faith in Carnival. After, 5 cruises with Carnival I was getting pretty bored, but this time it seems that Carnival listened and made very needed changes for the better. Quite impressed with this ship and the waitstaff.

We also took advantage of the future cruise certificate and the onboard credit for booking a future cruise while on board. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Suite Panorama 11221

great cabin, large balcony, great closet space loved the flat screen tv the seperate wslkin closet area with vanity. loved the double sink and the jetted tub. the spa amenities included were very nice. room stewart was the best ever!