Carnival Elation Cruise Review by motts86

Embarkation: Mobile
Destination: Mexican Riviera
Cabin Category: 4D
Cabin Number: E127
See More About: Carnival Elation Cruise Reviews | Mexican Riviera Cruise Reviews | Carnival Cruise Deals
Shore Excursions 5+

Winter cruising
We cruised Jan 6-10th from Mobile Alabama, We had two days at sea and one day in Cozumel. I will not complain about the weather as obviously that is not under Carnival's control, but two days at sea when the temperature is only in the late 50's makes in unpleasant to sit out on the deck. In fact it was too windy and down right cold to be on the top deck for anything other than a fast walk- definately not mini golf or basketball. We have cruised over 7 times, and I must say this was the most rocking motion I have ever felt on any previous ships. The last night was horrendous , and the site of vomit bags taped up to all available wall space for easy access was not a pleasant site either. The cabin we had was E127, there were three of us ( the room stated it had a trundle bed for the third person) , there was in fact a roll away but finding a place for it to go in the cabin was quite inventive as there is a huge pole in the middle of the room apparently helping support the restaurant floor (Imagination) above. We ended up removing the drawer from the dresser and having my sons legs go under the dresser. Noise was a big negative also- with the restaurant above us , there was very early morning scraping of furniture and what sounded like large heavy cartons being dropped on the floor.

On the positive side- Cozumel is fantastic, we took the city, shopping, lunch, beach tour - the operator Miguel was so much fun and so knowledgable, kept my two teenage sons intrigued for the whole 5 hrs.

The food on this cruise was Ok, but again not the best we have had on previous cruises either. One night of the dinner entrees , THREE of them were chicken.

I would definately not recommend this cruise for a first time cruiser. If this had been our first , we would probably not be rushing to get on another. Two days at sea in the winter is not the best plan, unless you want to spend money on bingo and like staying inside drinking. This experience will not deter us from cruising again, but I have to say I will think twice about Carnival for the next vacation.

Publication Date: 01/13/11