Ruby Princess Cruise Review by mattswiss: Great trip on the Ruby Princess!

mattswiss
Member Since 2007

Compare Prices on Ruby Princess Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Great trip on the Ruby Princess!

Sail Date: January 2011

Again it is time for a review of a Princess ship. First, the ruby is not my favorite ship. Why? It is too big and the dining room service suffers because of it. My favorite ship is still the Coral Princess. What a gem. But back to the Ruby:

Embarkation was quick and very well organized as usual. The same for leaving the ship at the end.

Cabins: The best suite we ever had. the balcony was huge. Everything in good condition.

Restaurants: Sabatini's is very good. Ate there 3 times. Crown Grill is very good. Ate there once. Main Dining rooms are very chaotic. It is not hard to get a table for 2 in anytime dining but the smaller tables are poorly located and of course not enough room. I have sailed on the Dawn/Coral and Sea Princess and had much better service and room in the main dining rooms.

The staff in the specialty restaurants are very friendly and knowledgeable. Mostly people from eastern Europe. The Main dining rooms are staffed with people from More the Philippines and Italy.

Ship: Beautiful piazza.

Now the promenade deck was a bit disappointing because it was half the size than on other ships. The floor looked a bit like linoleum not glittering hardwood like on the Coral. Also you can not walk around without actually going up steps and down again. Weird!!

Ports: We made it to all the ports. Liked St. Thomas and Princess Cays. We had high winds in Grand Turks and the stingray tour was canceled.

The weather was super nice and warm up into the 80's!

This was my first Caribbean Cruise. I liked it very much. This was my 4th Princess Cruise and I liked it very much. The price for a suite is very affordable compared to other cruise lines.

Last but not least: Whoever is in A750 after me please tell Mary Lou I said hello.. What a gem of a room stewardess!! Less

Read more Ruby Princess cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Ruby Princess Review >>

Cabin review: Ruby Princess Suite with Balcony Aloha Deck A750

Nice space to live in. Balcony very large. Super wide. Bathroom nice in marble. Shower and Whirlpool tub. Toilet in separate room.