Carnival Dream Cruise Review by JoyceL: A crowded cruise

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

A crowded cruise

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

It took us about 2 hrs(1.30-2.00) to get on the ship.The lines moved fast but I think there was a problem with disembarking guests and thats why it was delayed.

Did not smell the smell that reviewers complained about,but the ship was very rocky.Ship was at complete capacity as we were on it on New Years day and that was a big mistake.Kids everywhere and if you were adults not travelling with kids it was not a pleasant experience.

Lines for everything.Stood in line for atleast 10 minutes for food all the time.The only quick line was the Indian food sections so that's what we ate!

Room service took 45 minutes to 1hr.I am not sure but it felt like the dining rooms and pool area was the same as on other ships even though the passenger capacity was more.

Had no problems with the room stewards and wait staff.Very friendly and nice as usual.

Food was not something to write home about.There was one evening where no one touched their food.It was More just awful.My Mahi-mahi smelt and my mother had ordered salmon and it was awful.The others had chicken and that was horrible too but it improved the next day.

Never got to lay by the pool as there never was a chair free.The hot tubs were always full of kids.

There seemed to be a lot more Canadians than Americans on this cruise.

Casino-no one we knew won anything!

The rooms were nice and spacious.I have really long hair and it took me 2 hrs to blow dry it!The hair dryers sucked!Everyone had the same complaint.I could have blown on my own head and done a better job drying my hair!

Booked a shore excursion at all the ports.They were good except for the St Thomas shore excursion,it was the colonial st thomas shore excursion.The driver was rude and shouted at people and there was nothing to the shore excursion

Not a very good cruise.Have decided that we are done with Carnival Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Upper/Lower Panorama

Riviera deck cabins-nice and spacious.Not very noisy.Could hear the humming or sometimes loud droning of the engines

Nassau-the ladies in our group went shopping and the men did a swimming with the stingray shore excursion.It was good

Read 2629 Nassau Reviews

St Maarten-we all did a shore excursion that took us around the island and it was pretty good.

St Thomas-We did the colonial st thomas shore excursion and the men did the BOSS riding shore excursion.They absolutely loved it Ours was awful.Driver drove the bus to where we needed to go and several passengers got yelled at because we could not hear her above the wind and she swore we were not paying attention! They took us to Blackbeards castle and we had to walk down 100 steep steps to get to downtown. It was just awful

Read 2325 St. Thomas Reviews