“A crowded cruise”

Member Since 2011
No Forum Posts
No Helpful Votes
Overall Member Rating
It took us about 2 hrs(1.30-2.00) to get on the ship.The lines moved fast but I think there was a problem with disembarking guests and thats why it was delayed.

Did not smell the smell that reviewers complained about,but the ship was very rocky.Ship was at complete capacity as we were on it on New Years day and that was a big mistake.Kids everywhere and if you were adults not travelling with kids it was not a pleasant experience.

Lines for everything.Stood in line for atleast 10 minutes for food all the time.The only quick line was the Indian food sections so that's what we ate!

Room service took 45 minutes to 1hr.I am not sure but it felt like the dining rooms and pool area was the same as on other ships even though the passenger capacity was more.

Had no problems with the room stewards and wait staff.Very friendly and nice as usual.

Food was not something to write home about.There was one evening where no one touched their food.It was just awful.My Mahi-mahi smelt and my mother had ordered salmon and it was awful.The others had chicken and that was horrible too but it improved the next day.

Never got to lay by the pool as there never was a chair free.The hot tubs were always full of kids.

There seemed to be a lot more Canadians than Americans on this cruise.

Casino-no one we knew won anything!

The rooms were nice and spacious.I have really long hair and it took me 2 hrs to blow dry it!The hair dryers sucked!Everyone had the same complaint.I could have blown on my own head and done a better job drying my hair!

Booked a shore excursion at all the ports.They were good except for the St Thomas shore excursion,it was the colonial st thomas shore excursion.The driver was rude and shouted at people and there was nothing to the shore excursion

Not a very good cruise.Have decided that we are done with Carnival

Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
  • Shore Excursions
  • Value for Money

Cabin review: Interior Upper/Lower

Port
Nassau-the ladies in our group went shopping and the men did a swimming with the stingray shore excursion.It was good

Read 4,122 Nassau Reviews
Port
St Thomas-We did the colonial st thomas shore excursion and the men did the BOSS riding shore excursion.They absolutely loved it Ours was awful.Driver drove the bus to where we needed to go and several passengers got yelled at because we could not hear her above the wind and she swore we were not paying attention! They took us to Blackbeards castle and we had to walk down 100 steep steps to get to downtown. It was just awful

Read 3,413 St. Thomas Reviews
Published 01/13/11
No Helpful Votes
Read Cruise Critic’s Carnival Dream Review
Carnival Dream Cruises to the Eastern Caribbean
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?