Carnival Dream Cruise Review by JoyceL

Cruise Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral
Cabin Category: 1A

A crowded cruise
It took us about 2 hrs(1.30-2.00) to get on the ship.The lines moved fast but I think there was a problem with disembarking guests and thats why it was delayed.

Did not smell the smell that reviewers complained about,but the ship was very rocky.Ship was at complete capacity as we were on it on New Years day and that was a big mistake.Kids everywhere and if you were adults not travelling with kids it was not a pleasant experience.

Lines for everything.Stood in line for atleast 10 minutes for food all the time.The only quick line was the Indian food sections so that's what we ate!

Room service took 45 minutes to 1hr.I am not sure but it felt like the dining rooms and pool area was the same as on other ships even though the passenger capacity was more.

Had no problems with the room stewards and wait staff.Very friendly and nice as usual.

Food was not something to write home about.There was one evening where no one touched their food.It was just awful.My Mahi-mahi smelt and my mother had ordered salmon and it was awful.The others had chicken and that was horrible too but it improved the next day.

Never got to lay by the pool as there never was a chair free.The hot tubs were always full of kids.

There seemed to be a lot more Canadians than Americans on this cruise.

Casino-no one we knew won anything!

The rooms were nice and spacious.I have really long hair and it took me 2 hrs to blow dry it!The hair dryers sucked!Everyone had the same complaint.I could have blown on my own head and done a better job drying my hair!

Booked a shore excursion at all the ports.They were good except for the St Thomas shore excursion,it was the colonial st thomas shore excursion.The driver was rude and shouted at people and there was nothing to the shore excursion

Not a very good cruise.Have decided that we are done with Carnival

Publication Date: 01/13/11