Bahamas Celebration Cruise Review by MsSher

Embarkation: Palm Beach
Destination: Bahamas
Cabin Category: 5

Seriously!?
First let me say that this entire vacation was a package deal sold by whom, I do not know. No one now is copping to the actual deal. However, I stayed at Ramada Hotels in both Ft. Lauderdale and Orlando with the "cruise" to the Bahamas in between.

First, I was not told about ANY of the surcharges until about 10 days out from my trip. I distinctly remember asking the travel customer service people on three separate occasions about additional fees and was told "everything was paid for."

Imagine my surprise when we arrived at Palm Beach and I was immediately charged for $60 for parking, even though I hadn't even got on the ship yet. It seems highly unusual to be charged for parking BEFORE you even pick up your car. I balked as soon as I was asked for the money but was told by a flunky employee that there was no alternative, that was his job.

The $12 per day for service fees is ludicrous. EVERY meal,save the one I ate in the Crystal Room, was served buffet! Why am I paying service fees for meals I am serving myself? Additionally, after the initial visit with my porter 3 hours after boarding, I never saw another one in my room. Certainly my bed wasn't made or my towels changed.

This was supposed to be an overnight cruise to Freeport, I would stay two nights on the island and then another overnight cruise back.

While I do not and would not ever hold a human being accountable for bad weather I do hold the cruise line responsible for what happened BECAUSE of bad weather.

When we arrived at the Bahamas early in the morning the water was choppy and you could barely see the coast. The captain advised the weather was too bad to dock so we would see what happened throughout the day. As the day wore on, with the boat rocking and reeling throughout...we were given the opportunity to see napkin folding demonstrations, towel folding demonstrations, and a couple of lame attempts at comedy in the main entertainment area (there was also three old movies they showed throughout the day). CERTAINLY not very good alternatives to the fun and frolic we were to have on the island. It seems that bad weather should be a planned for occurrence with more alternatives than domestic bliss. Finally, after sitting in that choppy water ALL day long, we were told we were heading back to Florida. By then, myself and most other passengers just wanted to get to land. Although the food was certainly tastey, because it was served buffet style, it wasn't EVER hot (even the food I got in the Crystal Room had to be sent back to be heated).

Finally get back to Palm Beach expecting IMMEDIATE return of half of my parking fee only to be told that the Port takes care of that, then no the parking company does that, then to be told I had to talk to my hotel when I arrived in Orlando. Eventually, I did get my $30 returned but after talking to no less than nine different people and having to show up in Orlando hours later.

I was never told what the situation would be for return of the prepaid hotel in the Bahamas would be - that took another dozen or so phone calls and 20 business days. THIS SHOULD HAVE BEEN REFUNDED IMMEDIATELY! (Especially so since it had been paid 9 months prior to the trip!)

Since I am not sure who the actual package was booked through, I will post no further comments on the atrocious conditions in the hotel I stayed at or the way I was treated there. Suffice it to say this was absolutely the WORST vacation I have ever had and will NEVER go back to Bahama Celebrations.

I can only hope that after reading this review, others will know what a scam this operation is and stay away.

Publication Date: 01/12/11