Norwegian Sky Cruise Review by CruisinCri

Public Rooms 5+
Value-for-Money 5+

Ship Facts: Norwegian Sky Review (by Cruise Critic!) | Norwegian Sky Deck Plans
GREAT 1st Cruise!!!
Norwegian Sky was great! My boyfriend and I went as first time cruisers and we decided the 4 day Bahamas on the Sky would be perfect to "test out the waters." We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves! Candy was our cruise director- she was amazing! So was the rest of the staff- particularly the spicy, energetic bartenders (whose names fail me at the moment)! There were plenty of activities/things to do on the ship while at sea- from the comedy shows (Rich was hilarious!) to the Broadway musical mash-up- to the "open mic" nights! We loved the ports we were at- we didn't even book any excursions! so, I imagine if we had, we'd have had even more fun. The basketball court was good for my boyfriend while I laid out/visited the spa. The spa was rather pricey- but that was to be expected. The drinks were a little high (compared to our area downtown) but reasonable compared to most "hotpot" cities (ie: NYC, Miami, Atl) I loved Nassau and the straw market- and I loved our beach day at NCL's private island Great Stirrup Cay! It was a perfect 1st cruise- I am so ready to book again- and with NCL! I love the idea of the "Freestyle Cruising" compared to what I've heard was scheduled dining on other cruises.. We enjoyed and took great advantage of being able to eat whenever we pleased (which for us, was constantly throughout the trip!) Check-in/Embarkation was easier than I'd imagined! Barely waited in line (we arrived at the port around 12:30) and Disembarkation was even quicker and easier! Settling the tabs was easy- absolutely no discrepancies, although we didn't even touch our mini-bar, so I imagine if you dig into that, it may get a little complicated.. we stuck to ordering our drinks from the several waiters yelling "Bar drinks!?".

I recommend NCL Sky and the Bahamas for anyone who wants a short cruise to Bahamas, or is a first-timer, trying to decide if they like cruising.

Publication Date: 01/12/11