MSC Poesia Cruise Review by ejdl4

MSC Poesia
MSC Poesia
Member Name: ejdl4
Cruise Date: December 2010
See More About: MSC Poesia Cruise Reviews | Eastern Caribbean Cruise Reviews | MSC Cruises Cruise Deals
Member Rating   5+ out of 5+
Value-for-Money 5+
Rates 5+

Ship Facts: MSC Poesia Review (by Cruise Critic!) | MSC Poesia Deck Plans
MSC knows how to do it right
I will give you what I feel is an honest and bold review.

We drove from New York to Florida for our December 26th to January 2nd New Years Cruise. the anticipation of getting to Florida was growing by the mile. When we got to the port on Sunday for our sailing and look at the ship as we pulled up my kids could not believe the size of this ship. Last year we sailed on Costa for a New Years cruise and we did not have the same reaction.

Embarkation was a breeze. We filled out the luggage tags, gave them our luggage and with-in 30 minutes were on the ship. We checked out our cabin and were very happy. We had an OV obstructed view on deck 8 and was fine. The cabin had plenty of space for the 4 of us.

The ship was clean and beautiful you always found someone cleaning whether day or night.

We then went to the buffet lunch which was very well organized. Every meal that we ate at the buffet was like that. No one pushed and food was labeled very clearly. There was always ice water and ice tea being served. Dinner was great. Our waiter was always right on. If we asked for extra bread it was there before we sat down every meal. We always ordered form the Italian side of the menu. It was very tasty. No issues with bland as I have read.

Shows were the best we had ever seen. Don't miss the Beatles tribute. all the lounges and bars were always hopping. The animation team worked from early morning to late at night. They always had a smile.

The reception desk when I had an issue were very helpful. We had no issue with the language barrier. They always had a smile and were very polite.

The ports were good except for Saint Thomas, we did not spend much time in either Saint Maarten or Freeport. That was probably the worst part of the trip.

My 12 and 15 year old sons were with us and they had the most fun. They found kids there age to hang with and did not worry about the kids club so I cannot tell you how that was.

We chose self debarkation which was very well organized. We had to be in the Zebra lounge by 7am and by 7:30am we were off the ship, through customs and in the car for our drive home.

Comparing Costa to MSC I would never travel Costa again. At this point I would only travel European cruise lines. They really do know how to run a ship.

There was plenty to do all over the ship all day and all night.

I hope MSC does not change a thing. Looking forward to Decembers cruise on MSC.

if you would like to send an email please feel free: ejdl4@yahoo.com