Carnival Victory Cruise Review by Mara_PR

Cabin Category: 8M
        3-6 5+
        7-9 5+
Rates 5+

The very good and what can improve...
Returned yesterday from the Carnival Victory. I went with my husband and my kids (ages 5 and 8). First I want to point out that this cruise is great for families with kids. Camp Carnival was awesome. I thought that I would take the kids there in the evenings to spend some time with my husband. It turns out that my kids LOVED Camp Carnival so much that they went everyday and on some of the stops they even wanted to stay and not go on tours with us.

This cruise is also great for singles and people who like to party (and enjoy Latin music). They had great parties on the Lido deck. Music was always very good (reggae, merengue, rock, etc.) and there were activities going on all the time.

This cruise is not for people looking for a peaceful, relaxing time and value elegance and tranquility above all. Music make it a little difficult to have a conversation on the Lido deck. Though I want to point out that I spent an afternoon on Spa Carnival and it was wonderful. Wait until mid fruited when they start offering excellent Spa offers. The treatments are great. They gave me a facial that left me rejuvenated and glowing.

The very good:

Camp Carnival

Spa Carnival

Stand up comedy shows (super funny!)

Service (always excellent and so nice)

Needs to improve:

Food. Buffet style breakfast and lunches were not good. The lines were too long, not much variety and many times meats felt old, hard and terrible! Then diners were wonderful! We had amazing waiters (Suny and Subarti from Indonesia) they were very attentive and the food was excellent. Carnival needs to provide the amazing food and service they offer during diner, at breakfast and lunch.

Overall my family and I had a great experience and would go on this cruise again.

Tips:

If this is your first time in San Juan I suggest you arrive the day before the cruise departs and stay either in the Isla Verde area (if you want to experience a nice day at the beach and then a night of casinos and clubs) or the Old San Juan area where you will be walking distance from then port.

Publication Date: 01/11/11