Carnival Dream Cruise Review by Pisti: Don't Believe the Negative Reviews!!!

Pisti
Member Since 2006

Compare Prices on Carnival Dream Eastern Caribbean Cruises

Don't Believe the Negative Reviews!!!

Sail Date: January 2011
Embarkation: Port Canaveral

We are a family of 4 who usually travel together. My granddaughter and I shared a balcony cabin across from her parents.Since I live in Cape Canaveral in the winter, the pier is only 10 minutes from home. We dropped off the luggage at 10:30 and were on the Panorama Deck drinking complementary champagne by 11:30.

After a few years of experimenting we found that cabins near the aft elevators are the most convenient both for the buffet deck (swimming pools) and the dining room.

Speaking of dining, we had a great waiter,Adem who was on loan from Carnival's "Imagination" for the holiday period. We were assigned table 480 in the Scarlet Room.We have only good things to say about Carnival food, if you can't find something you like there's always chicken or steak what's to complain about? The Tandori station and the Deli up on the Panorama deck are both fast and good as is the 24 hour Pizza bar and free ice cream station the lines are long at the regular buffet on sea days More if you go at noon but even then they move fast.

In regard to our cabin, it was spacious with plenty of storage space and a really good hair dryer (not always the case)I love Carnival's beds and bedding andthey are still making those towel animals much to my granddaughter's delight.

The shows were somewhat "uneven"to be kind.The magician however was excellent.

All in all a very positive experience. We will be booking the western route next.

Our room steward Gee was excellent,speedy and unobtrusive. Less

Read more Carnival Dream cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Carnival Dream Review >>

Cabin review: Carnival Dream Balcony Empress

6472 excellent location but can hear loud music from deck above until around 11pm best part of this cabin is Gee the room steward who is A+

I have long since learned to stay on board when Nassau is on the itinerary nothing changes, once you've seen Atlantis and IMHO been ripped off the rest is just a hassle.

Read 2646 Nassau Reviews

Was looking forward to some good shopping, I always wait for St Martin to shop. This time I was appalled at the aggressive behavior of the merchants, they must be really feeling the recession.

The last time we went snorkeling on St John we found the reef to be seriously damaged and decided not to go this time. We tried Coki Beach this time which is pretty scuzzy but the snorkeling was really good

Read 2333 St. Thomas Reviews