Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by fullmetalrunt: TERRIBLE

Member Since 2011

Overall Member Rating

Sail Date: December 2010
Destination: Bahamas
Embarkation: New York (Manhattan)

Don't go on this ship. It was the most boring way to spend my vacation, ever. I regret everything about choosing this ship.

While the ship was pretty, unfortunately all the services were terrible, and there were almost no activities to do. The "mandatory safety review" was pathetic, and if something did happen to us while at sea, I'm sure everybody, evidently untrained staff included, would have died. No joke.

When something important came up with my child, and I wanted to talk to higher management, they told me to talk to "Onion Ring". Obviously, they were making fun of me and refused to let me reason or even talk with someone. The staff members rolled their eyes and me and spoke to each other in Chinese, which thought I couldn't understand. My child was not permitted to enter the teenage club with her friends because she was 2 months too young, while kids one week younger were allowed to, and as a consequence of their lack of fun activities, spent much of her time More in our room crying.

The shows on the ship are lacking. Boring, unfunny, terrible song choice, and a "world beats" show that was overtly racist, judgemental, and with terrible dancing to boot.

Some of the staff are plain clueless, annoying, and try to refer you to others so that they don't have to talk to you. Very unprofessional. One even sweared at my 12 year old daughter. Less

Published 01/09/11

Read more Norwegian Gem cruise reviews >>
Read Cruise Critic's Norwegian Gem Review >>

Compare Prices on Norwegian Gem Bahamas Cruises

Cabin review:

tiny room, tiny closet, bathroom, small beds,

Member Since 2011
Family & Children
Value for Money
Share feedback
Thank you!  Cruise Critic values your feedback.
How can we improve this page?
Skip X